Does anyone suggest what are the differences between PAUSE and WAIT used when auto dialing ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Chaiyarat no está en línea Stack level 2

Wait and Pause - Phone menu

Advertisement

Does anyone suggest what are the differences between PAUSE and WAIT used when auto dialing the phone? Thanks in advance.

davidscott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c28f5e

Re: Wait and Pause - Phone menu

honestly what does that stuff do ive seen it there like on all my phones.. what is it for?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Not real sure about PAUSE.

But this is for WAIT
    In the Wait For field, set how long the BlackBerry smartphone waits before dialing an extension.

davidscott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c28f5e

mhmm k thanks

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

i belive the difference is one wait/pause loner than the other not sure which one is loner than the other. like reddog said it is for an extension or like if you were to call your home phone to retreive messages for your answer machine were you have to wait until the machine finishes befor you can enter your code if you use pause or wait one is loner than the other which that way you can program it to your phone and it does it for you. hope i helped.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

wait- just waits a moment, then sends the next sequence of numbers. usually added to dial extensions to numbers

pause- will enter the next string of numbers after the pause command once you press the correct button. each phone is different, alot of smartphone you press a soft button and some phones you just press send again. Useful when you have to wait for voicemail prompts.

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc

WAIT is a hold command before it will dial the next number. You have to select the option to want to dial next. It will say DIAL # or SKIP or END CALL. Just tested it.

PAUSE is a 3-5 second hold before dialing the next number.

If you use pause for calling cards for long distance you'd use local# PAUSE pin# PAUSE long distance#. Without the 1 though

Hope that explains it a little better!

Chaiyarat no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks Moridar. The concern I have on pause is that on all other phones I used the pause command when we key it in to the address book is 'P'. The pause for BB is ',' while wait is 'x'. This causes me some problem when I want to switch phone. Then I have to re-edit my address book.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

i use the pause for my voice-mail access makes it super easy since i don't have to move the phone away from my ear for anything just hold down 1 for a second to initiate call and then it's all automated from there...extremely helpful is you have multiple voice-mail boxes or call businesses that use extensions