Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SHAPE Services is glad to inform PinStackers that VR+: Voice Recorder for Blackberry Pearl 8100 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

SHAPE no está en línea Developer

VR+: Voice Recorder for Blackberry Pearl 8100 is Released and BetaTesters are Awarded

Advertisement

SHAPE Services is glad to inform PinStackers that VR+: Voice Recorder for Blackberry Pearl 8100 is released!
    With VR+ : Voice Recorder for BlackBerry BlackBerry 8100 Pearl owners can record voice messages and e-mail them in mp3 format to anyone. Record, Stop, Save, Send and your voice recording is on its way. The received message can be played back on the PC or any mobile.
    7-day free trial of a full-functional application is available. At the end of a trial you may chose to purchase the license to continue the great experience of VoiceRecorder+ or continue using the application with the limitation of sending voice recorded messages. The application currently works on BlackBerry 8100 Pearl.

http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...vr&platform=bb
    WAP-download location:
    wap.shapeservices.com

Key benefits:
    Record voice and E-mail. Record any length message and e-mail it to anyone.
    Automatic reformatting into mp3 for playback on the PC or any mobile.
    Great Voice Quality. Clear and static-free recording.
    User-Friendly Interface.
    One-time fee. All further updates are free.

Main features:
    Record, Stop, Pause and Play. Execute any of the commands without going to the menu.
    Record - Pause - Record. You can push "pause" while recording voice, and finish the recording at a later time.
    Play - Pause - Play. You can play the recording, pause it and then play again.
    Extensive Menu to execute other commands and view the required information.
    Allocated memory limit. Select how much memory will be used to store the recordings.

Many thanks to all beta-testers who have helped us to improve VR+!

7 most active beta-testers are awarded with free unlimited licences:
    Stacey Tenen
    Jinesh Mehta
    Dennis Bilik
    Joe Peretore
    Karl Klein
    William E. Ketchum III
    "The NT Journal" (sorry, do not know real name)

Victoria
    Support Team
    SHAPE Services

nrcapes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Re: VR+: Voice Recorder for Blackberry Pearl 8100 is Released and BetaTesters are Awarded

tried downloading OTA over original Voice Recorder. Got message that it is incompatible with data, then Invalid COD.

PIN/ID
    23E6997B

Re: VR+: Voice Recorder for Blackberry Pearl 8100 is Released and BetaTesters are Awarded

downloaded .zip file, unzipped, opened desktop manager, ran Ap Loader, shows Voicer Recorder+ loaded, but appl does not appear when I hit the Menu key. Did a battery pull with same result.

PIN/ID
    23E6997B

ota finally worked!

frijolito no está en línea Stack level 3

Dang I did something stupid and denied it directory access, now I cant get it to work, any help how to get permission back, I tried through the options menu already?

Cheers,

Russ.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by frijolito
    Dang I did something stupid and denied it directory access, now I cant get it to work, any help how to get permission back, I tried through the options menu already?

Cheers,

Russ.
    Try the good ol battery pull...if not you might have to unistall/reinstall.

Tried both, battery pull and reinstall... no joy ...

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

I can,t believe I missed this application.I was only saying at work today how brilliant the pearl would be with a voice dictaphone.The fact that you can email it as an small cost extra is incredible.Within 5 minutes of seeing the post i have OTA,d it and now have a nice mike icon for instant acess. Well done Shape.Ihave bookmarked your site.
    Last edited by seabirdone; 07-04-2007 at 08:07 PM.

one more thing...open options, advanced options, applications, highlight VR+, hit the menu key, edit default permissions, and change User Data to Allow (if set to deny). you might have to do it to all listed under VR+. If that doesn't work maybe someone else might be able to help.

Tried that too now, it just wont allow it... dang...

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

doesnt that already come built in with cingular's 8100. . . cuz i know i have that exact same feature. . . and never had to download it to my phone. . .it just came with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr
    doesnt that already come built in with cingular's 8100. . . cuz i know i have that exact same feature. . . and never had to download it to my phone. . .it just came with that.
    Dunno...I have Cingular also and mine only came with Send Voice Note.

Finally I figured out how to do it.

If you got to the security then applications options you get three choices. these allow you to have allow, deny or custom. The problem it was stuck on custom, if you move the cursor over custom and then press the option key, up pops an option called expand. This gives you more contorl over the individual parts of the security.

This didnt help my case too much, but after i hit expand I noticed an option to reset firewall prompts. I did this, then I loaded VM and the security firewall asked me if I wanted to permit the application I clicked yes and it was sorted. I guess this is a case of silly rushing and clicking on dont ask me again, but at least its sorted.

Cheers,

Russ.

Quote Originally Posted by frijolito
    Finally I figured out how to do it.

If you got to the security then applications options you get three choices. these allow you to have allow, deny or custom. The problem it was stuck on custom, if you move the cursor over custom and then press the option key, up pops an option called expand. This gives you more contorl over the individual parts of the security.

This didnt help my case too much, but after i hit expand I noticed an option to reset firewall prompts. I did this, then I loaded VM and the security firewall asked me if I wanted to permit the application I clicked yes and it was sorted. I guess this is a case of silly rushing and clicking on dont ask me again, but at least its sorted.

Cheers,

Russ.
    Glad you got it working again...at least I was somewhat of a help right?

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

VR+: Voice Recorder works great I can't believe how well it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast