I have been searching all over the place for this answer and can't seem to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Moonshadow no está en línea Stack level 2

Vpn

Advertisement

I have been searching all over the place for this answer and can't seem to find it.I have been able to set up my Toshiba tablet (WIN XP) and my 8100 as a tethered modem. Seems to work fine. I can get internet access etc.I also have a VPN account that allows me access to my organization's network so I can get onto my network drives, e-mail etc. The VPN works fine through a "standard" internet access (Cogeco, Rogers etc) but will not function through the tethered modem. It does connect to the VPN server but will not connect to the exchange server or reconnect my network drives. Has anyone else had any experience with this? I have a BB pearl on Rogers using their APN. Thanks.

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68

Re: Vpn

Well, I know my 8830 is on EV-DO and thus more bandwidth, but I really doubt that could be the primary reason.

Regardless, yes, I tether everyday and use my firm's VPN so that I can connect to our Exchange server and general network.

So, you're saying if you are at home on your wireless network and connect to the VPN you can get to your company's network? But not if you tether and connect to the VPN.

Hmmmm...I can only point at bandwidth perhaps. At one point I did have a GPRS BB and did tether, but didn't find it very useful.

Dabbill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ADC49A

Re: Vpn

I believe the 8100 has problems with some secure connections. I know when comcast went down at my house and I used my 8100 as a modem. I was not able to access a lot of sites due to secure connections / logins.

Moonshadow no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have discovered that some VPN systems require public IP addresses and Rogers doesn't provide that since they use a proxy server for their internet access. They want $10 per month for a VPN friendly connection!! Also when I tether the BB it switches from EDGE to GSM so I need to reboot the BB after a session.