Is everyone out there satisfied with the Pearl's Vibrate and Volume? I haven't found a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Volume/Vibrate Controls for Pearl

Advertisement

Is everyone out there satisfied with the Pearl's Vibrate and Volume? I haven't found a way yet to adjust the vibrate settings to be as strong as a 7105, and I really hate using ringtones because I work in a small area and would hate for my phone to be ringing all day for calls/messages. Does everyone notice a diff or do I have a trip to TMobile coming up?

TexRob no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Volume/Vibrate Controls for Pearl

They are not super strong, but it's not terrible. I wish there was an option for vibrate if the app was in the background though. For instance, if I am in IM+ talking to someone, an LED blink is plenty notification, or even a low sound, or both, but when I have the home screen up, I want vibrate. It's annoying to have to have it vibrate each new line in IM though when it's in the foreground.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Your not gonna get a strong vibrate on a phone that has a camera on it it can damage the camera
    Welcome to my World!

ibrg no está en línea Stack level 2

On the same subject, is there a hard button to control ring volume or to change from ring to vibrate, without going into the apps? Am I missing it? I thought I read the manual well enough...

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by ibrg
    On the same subject, is there a hard button to control ring volume or to change from ring to vibrate, without going into the apps? Am I missing it? I thought I read the manual well enough...
    I just pulled an all-niter writing a paper that had to be filed, so I am too tired to look it up. But, can you set one of the options keys on the right or left of the handset to do that? I know you can assign certain tasks to the keys, such as to operate the camera, but I don't know if maybe you can assign ring to vibrate to one of the keys.

ajmctaggart no está en línea Stack level 3

Never really thought of the camera being the reason the vibrate is so diminished on the device...between that and PocketMac not being up yet, i may just use my 7105 w/ a Canon Elph ductaped on top!

zukutu no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    '#' is the key for vibrate.

PaulQ no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by sanfrancisco
    I just pulled an all-niter writing a paper that had to be filed, so I am too tired to look it up. But, can you set one of the options keys on the right or left of the handset to do that? I know you can assign certain tasks to the keys, such as to operate the camera, but I don't know if maybe you can assign ring to vibrate to one of the keys.
    I recently assigned my left option key to show PROFILES which then allows me to pick a ring style. I can still get voice dial by holding down the same key. Works for me.

(or as previously mentioned, just hold the # key to switch between vibrate and your current profile)

cmisak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24382D36

I used to (when I bought my 8100) be able to hit the volume button and it would bring up the profiles. But now that is gone, does anyone know why I would have lost that function? And how to get it back?