I have a BB 8130 on the Sprint network. I have a problem that I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blk8ball no está en línea Stack level 1

Volume problem when answering BB 8130

Advertisement

I have a BB 8130 on the Sprint network. I have a problem that I am curious if anyone else is experiencing. I would say that about 10-20% of the time that I answer incoming calls the phone immediately for half a second to a second automatically answers with the speaker phone on and EXCESSIVELY loud. Then immediately clicks off into normal mode through the ear piece (all I have done is pressed the green answer button). On several occasions this has left my ear seriously ringing and me frustrated not knowing why it is doing this. Like I said this does not happen every time and is very unpredictable. Does anyone know what is going on? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

mwgaston no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2419978D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same here except my 8800 does it when I end a call. Just every once in awhile. Didnt notice it untill I uninstalled TelNav and cancled their service.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    I have never heard of this.

Maybe it's just a glitch in that OS? Have you tried to update the OS to the most current OS?

Check this thread in the 8130's section:

8100/8110/8120/8130 operating systems

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Or Telenav getting back at ya LOL

blk8ball no está en línea Stack level 1

Version

Thanks Reddog187.

I went to the site to load the latest operating system, which is: 4.3.0.137 on the site.

My phone says it has 4.3.0.71 (Platform 3.1.0.37)

Looks like my version is higher, but that is not really possible. Am I interpreting this wrong?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Your OS
    Sprint L.P.
    v4.3.0.137 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.3.0.71; Platform: 3.1.0.40; Size: 95.6mb

Newer OSs

Iusacell <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NEWEST 8130!
    v4.3.0.170 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.3.0.97; Platform: 3.1.0.51; Size: 97.32mb
    nTelos <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NEWEST 8130!
    v4.3.0.170 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.3.0.97; Platform: 3.1.0.51; Size: 97.32mb
    Verizon <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NEWEST 8130!
    v4.3.0.170
    (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.3.0.97; Platform: 3.1.0.51; Size: 97.29mb
    US Cellular <----------------------------------------------------------------------------- NEWEST 8130!
    v4.3.0.170 (Multilanguage) - Applications: 4.3.0.97; Platform: 3.1.0.51; Size: 97.29mb

Load one of those if you want. They are newer....

The key is the Applications in RED. Your's is 4.3.0.71 the newer ones 4.3.0.97 which is newer.

Directions are here for upgrading: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    My 8130 has this going on also. Although I never am that quick to put the handset to my ear. I just hear the incoming party through the external speaker for like you said 1\2 a second and then the call continues as normal. Its like the speaker is remained on for an extra but after ringing. Let me know if the software did the trick. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Wow nice post Reddog

You should also check out your audio enhance options - audio boost bass and audio boost treble in addition to what you've told your phone to do - either keep the same option for every call or to base it on the setting you had on your last call

And lastly check your "automatic call volume setting"

All thes are modified by click on your call button --> BB menu key--> then options

Hope this helps - I can post screen shots later if needed.

mwgaston no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2419978D
    Problem is volume has nothing to do with phone switching to speaker ramdomly.

maizydaze no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the latest software (v4.3.0.97, platform 3.1.0.51) and I never use the speaker phone. I have it set to last call volume/settings. Everytime I answer my phone anymore it automatically does the 1/2 sec speaker (though it did not do this when brand-new). Also when I speak right after I answer the call, the caller doesn't hear me, even though I hear them. So I have adapted by holding the phone a few seconds longer before putting it up to my ear. Hopefully the NEW new software will make this better when it finally comes out.