i was wondering if its possible to listen to my voicemail on a land line ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kendog1369 no está en línea Stack level 2

voicemail question

Advertisement

i was wondering if its possible to listen to my voicemail on a land line instead using my minutes on my cell phone? this might be more of a carrier issue rather than a phone issue but the t-mobile forums suck compared to the BB forums!

(if you didnt pick up on it... im on the t-mobile network. im not sure if that even matters though)

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

Re: voicemail question

I cant with verizon...but i joined youmail and you can check from any phone and from any PC...try it
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

I'm withh att and I can check my voice from a land line~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

Call your voice mail. Get into the administration settings. Set a password (in numbers, 4 digits is good) for your phone. After call your phone from a land line, when the machine picks up press * and then enter your password. That should do it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    I cant with verizon...but i joined youmail and you can check from any phone and from any PC...try it
    I've never had a provider where I couldn't check my voicemail from a landline....

Specifically with Verizon, you call your phone number, and when your voicemail picks up, hit #, then enter your password. Simple as that.

Second, with Verizon, calls to voicemail are basically like mobile to mobile, and you don't get charged for them, nor do they use up your minutes.

Hope that helps.

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I'm on AT&T. When I call my voicemail I have to pay per minute charges. I know its outrageous. I've been meaning to give them a call and ask about it... but I'm lazy. Funny thing is I get charged per minute even if I'm calling them during "nights and weekends" time.

jlphotog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

You get charged to call your carrier??? Really??? I'm in Canada, my carrier is Telus. If I want to call them from my mobile all I do is dial *611 and it's a free call. In fact up here any number that has a * in front of it is a free call. Such as *222 for CAA (the Canadian version of AAA) most radio stations have a toll free number to call them usually their dial location with a * in front.

As far as the original question, like kolosus said, just press the *. Here is what Telus says to do. "To access your voice mail box from a land line phone or other non TELUS Mobility wireless phone, dial your 10-digit wireless phone number. Press the * key to skip the greeting and access the system. Enter your password and follow the prompts."

I would imagine your carrier is similar.
    If I wasn't crazy, I would go insane.

Thanatos504 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by kolosus View Post
    Call your voice mail. Get into the administration settings. Set a password (in numbers, 4 digits is good) for your phone. After call your phone from a land line, when the machine picks up press * and then enter your password. That should do it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That would be it.

copndoc no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm with Alltel and they have a new service called VOICE TO TEXT. For $9.99 a month, I get 50 voice mails converted to text messages and sent to my BB 8130. It saves me having to go into the voice mail program and entering my pin number. It is much easier for me, especially when I'm driving down the road.

aswanideep no está en línea Stack level 4

Hi ! My carier allows me to listen voice mail frm a Landline, i have a secret pwd. code alog with my cell no, to log in to my account

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~for those with AT&T....they only charge for calling your Voicemail when you've already gone over your minutes, I just called about that a few weeks ago, I'd you're under your minutes, you DO NOT get charged, unless they've changed their policies within the last 3-weeks......but I now use YouMail, its kool and FREE!!