I noticed when in Messages, if I hit alt+7 it takes me to a section ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Voicemail Messages

Advertisement

I noticed when in Messages, if I hit alt+7 it takes me to a section for just Voicemail Messages...anyone know what this is for? I know it seems self explanitory but I checked it when I had a voicemail and it says *No Messages*. Is there another type voicemail!?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Voicemail Messages

I'll have to check this out later as I have Visual voicemail (it's currently in beta through Callwave voice mail service for those wondering, and there is anpther service also offering this at this time) sent ot my phone. I'll have to see if it shows up there or not.

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE

Nothing happens when I press alt+7. What theme are you using?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    I noticed when in Messages, if I hit alt+7 it takes me to a section for just Voicemail Messages...anyone know what this is for? I know it seems self explanitory but I checked it when I had a voicemail and it says *No Messages*. Is there another type voicemail!?
    Actually, you're engaging a predefined Saved Search that's programmed into most BlackBerries!

On a QWERTY device, it's [Alt]V, and it's actually defined as [Alt]C on an 8100 which is also the 7 key.

For details on using Saved Searches to get around the annoying fact that all BES email can only be accessed in Messages where all other email is too, see my post Separate Messages with Saved Searches so you can set it up ErnieH. (not sure why you don't have it though!)

By the way, Visual Voicemail is something that would have to be available from your provider or possibly by your company. My wife's company has it - she gets an email with a .WAV attached whenever someone leaves a message on her business phone, and she can open and play it on her BlackBerry - except it comes in on her company email, so if she wanted to use [Alt]V to find all Voice mails she'd have to define the search differently.

Unfortunately if you had both services, I don't think you'd be able to set up a single search to find both Voicemail and emails from your company's Voicemail email address!
    Last edited by jdellasala; 07-04-2007 at 08:46 AM.
    JerryD

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

So this area is for visual voicemail?