I just upgraded to this Pearl 8130 this wkend. I have personalized it pretty well ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Voicemail icon & msg?

Advertisement

I just upgraded to this Pearl 8130 this wkend. I have personalized it pretty well but I am wondering about how to get rid of the icon & msg that appears when I get a voice mail. I know when I have missed a call from other indicators and this isn't disappearing when I even return the call. I have to delete it manually. Still I haven't been able to find anything in a menu about how to change this. Anyone know how to? All help GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You have to listen to the voicemail message in order for it to go away, with missed calls, you can make it go away by just going into it or deleting it.

I have listened to the voice mail - but it still exists. The icon will disappear, but the msg in my inbox I have to delete MANUALLY which is why I am asking for assistance and if anyone knows of a way to change this.

I NEVER had a msg appear in my inbox when I had my old 8100 - so this is new to me and why I am questioning it. Anyone who knows how to fix it - THANKS!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Try going to messages then menu/options/general options/ and scroll down to sms and email boxes and change it to seperate and menu/save. See if that works..

I already use that as a setting for myself on a regular basis - which is why I was surprised by this. I have never gotten a msg in my inbox because of my voicemail before.

I didn't know if there was setting in a menu or if there was a setting in my voicemail???

So I thought I would probe the minds here...

eliminat0r85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i think i can field this one, open up your phone, then go to options then call logging and click none. this should stop incoming, outgoing, missed and voicemail updates from going to your message inbox.

japowell03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    My 8100 through AT&T didn't do the sms text for voicemail, but my 8130 through verizon does. I'm pretty sure its just how verizon handles voicemails but i'm not sure. If there is a way i'd like to know though because it becomes a triple redundant system that i don't really need/want.