Today, I pressed "1" to get to my voicemail and I got the error message ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jongann no está en línea Stack level 1

Voicemail hot button no longer works

Advertisement

Today, I pressed "1" to get to my voicemail and I got the error message "number not valid". Looked at the spped sial list and the number was not listed under 1. Checked OPTIONS in the phone app and the number is correct. All worked yesterday. Took out battery to do a reset -- no change. Any ideas?

BB Pearl 8100

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

Re: Voicemail hot button no longer works

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you need to go to phone>view speed dial list>add to your 1 key

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

i had this problem too
    i just setup V as a speed dial for my cell number

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

digital do you have a pearl or 8700?

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by jongann
    Today, I pressed "1" to get to my voicemail and I got the error message "number not valid". Looked at the spped sial list and the number was not listed under 1. Checked OPTIONS in the phone app and the number is correct. All worked yesterday. Took out battery to do a reset -- no change. Any ideas?

BB Pearl 8100
    That happened on my 7100t from time to time. Do not know why. Below is for the Pearl.

Go to your call log, most recent dialed and see if the voice mail number is there. My voice mail number, here in San Francisco, and as shown on the display is: +18056377243 [not sure what is up with the "+" and the "1"]

Highlight the number and press the menu key [dotted key to left of trackball].

Select <add to speed dial>

Assign to spot number 1

Save.

Also, you may want to add the voice mail number into your address book in the event the number is not in your call log. The number to dial voice mail is kinda obscure and most people don't know it because it is set up by default to the #1 key when you get the phone.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yup, that is the t-mobile Voicemail number!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I also found this, press talk to bring up your call log, press the menu, there is an option for Voicemail. Enter the number above, with the +1...

jongann no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi - original poster here -- I did all of the things you suggested before i wrote the post. I was actually curious if anyone knew WHY this would stop working all of a sudden performing flawlessly since I took it out of the box 3 weeks ago.

Assigning the +1805... number to speed dial location 1 was the workaround. I prefer to know why the failure happened in the first place. THANKS!

-jon

HoOnZ no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CE284

When I call my cell number I also get my voicemail. Something helpful just in case you need to access your voicemail. My Speed dial #1 recently dissapeared too.

- JOhn

Larry_in_phx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FE6C41

This hppened to me also. I couldn't figure why my one touch voice dial stopped working either. Just as mysteriously though, I stumbled on the solution. Change your theme. If you like the one you were using just go ahead and change it back. The #1 speed dial came back.