Hello to all - Im new to the site. I just purchased a BB Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted

Question Voice Ringtones

Advertisement

Hello to all -

Im new to the site. I just purchased a BB Pearl 8100. I was wondering if there was a way to turn my voice notes into ringtones. How can I add voice to ringtones? I had that functionality on my Samsung slider T809 and my Motorola V300 RAZR. Is there an application for that? The BlackBerry has so many functions. Im sure it has this functionality. If someone out there knows and can help, please advise and thank you in advance.

losttourist no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Voice Ringtones

hi
    I saw this link on another thread that might be what you are looking for.
    http://www.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php#top

PIN/ID
    Posted

Hi There -

Thanks for your reply, Im not sure if thats what im looking for. I want to use my own voice as ringtones. Can I use the voice notes recorder to use for ringtones? What functions does the 8100 have for voice ringtones? I just purchased my 8100 a couple of days ago so im new.

Thanks

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

look around for a free application called MULTIPLAY (there is a thread for a link-i think its OTA) and download that to your phone...once you have the program up and running...use the mic icon to record your voice...once you store it and save it, you can go into your music folder (but dont click it) open the muenu first, scroll down to explore and click that...you will then see your voice recorded file there which you then could use as a ringtone.....

...i had everyoe in my phone book scream out their name and i assigned it to their number so i wouldnt have to look down while i was driving or if i was too bz to answer.

hope this helps....it sounds like this is exactly wut your looking for
    Last edited by jblackfish; 02-27-2008 at 04:52 PM. Reason: edit out request for user to "search" - sending PM

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

i found the OTA link...so just go to pinstack from your blackberry and click this link

http://www.dollars5.com/OTA/multiPlay.jad

welcome to PS

PIN/ID
    Posted

Thanks a million man.

bullydog no está en línea Stack level 1

Why when I try to use the sound I recorded with the mediaplay as a ringtone you can't hardly hear it? Yet, if I go into th mediaplay and listen to it I can hear it loud and clear?

Pinstripe no está en línea Stack level 1

On my 8130 you go to Voice Notes Recorder and record whatever then hit the Menu key and click Set as Ringtone. Not sure if the 8100 works like this or not.
    Randy
    Pearl 8130

bullydog no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe View Post
    On my 8130 you go to Voice Notes Recorder and record whatever then hit the Menu key and click Set as Ringtone. Not sure if the 8100 works like this or not.
    The 8100 has a voice note option but only to send a voice note, when I hit the menu button it doesn't allow me to use as a ringtone, only to send it to someone.

grand04gt no está en línea Stack level 2

well you could do it the long way and record whatever you want and download it onto your computer and transfer it with your desktop manager to your ringtone folder