i thought i read this somewhere before but i cant seem to find the original ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

masteryeoda no está en línea Stack level 2

voice recording function

Advertisement

i thought i read this somewhere before but i cant seem to find the original thread

when i purchased the bb pearl, it says there's voice recording functions. but i cant seem to find it on the menu

if it can do voice dialing, surely it can record voice, right?

thanx!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: voice recording function

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You should have a Voice Note app on your home screen. You may have to "show all", incase it's hidden.

I have only been able to use it to record a voice note to immediately send via MMS. If there is any other functionality to it, I haven't figured it out yet.

And since anyone I could possibly MMS will also have SMS, I find the voice note a bit useless.

I even sat on a couch beside a friend on the same carrier with a Samsung picture/camera phone, and she never got the MMS voice note, so I'm also not sure if it works with all phones, or if it even works with all carriers.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: voice recording function

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

And....because it's using MMS and not BlackBerry Data, you will incur MMS charges from your carrier, which are often quite prohibitive.