Dear all, I posted a thread 2 days ago regarding audio email with not much ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Linus no está en línea Stack level 2

Voice recognition on Pearl, is it possible to read email aloud?

Advertisement

Dear all, I posted a thread 2 days ago regarding audio email with not much response. I have learnt a great deal from this forum, thank you to all of you fellow pinstackers. I need some input on this one, I have been very happy with my Pearl especially with the voice dialing function. Since it will read names from my address book during voice dailing, I was wondering if it could read my emails to me. It will be great if I can listen to all the emails on my way to work in the car before I even get there at work. Have you heard of podmail? I have an email account with mail dot com, where I can download my email in audio format one mail at a time. I am looking for something to that effect but without the hassel of having to download them one by one. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Voice recognition on Pearl, is it possible to read email aloud?

I think there's a 3rd party application that does it. I would check out Handango.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

The third party app is called "nuance voice control" it is on Handango and has a 30 day trial period and a monthly charge after that.

Linus no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thank you. I am looking into that. Monthly fees hah!