hello, i'm trying to get my boss up and running using voice notes. i've read ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

h3lp4myb0ss no está en línea Stack level 1

voice note trouble

Advertisement

hello,

i'm trying to get my boss up and running using voice notes.

i've read the post about not being able to do voice notes accept through MMS messages... but my question is a bit more basic.

when i go to the applications area. the voice note program is there. when i click on it..with the pearl ball thingie. nothing happens.

eventually the number keys and the ball light up. but the screen stays the same. ...eventually the screen goes black due to inactivity. ...and when i come back, the screen is washed out to white. ...and the only thing i can do. or seem to be able to do. is power off the phone to get out of the white screen.

so... my question is. what should the screen/phone do/display if the voice note thing works as intended? upon initially clicking the voice note app. is a menu suppose to appear? or is the lighting up of the number pad...when i'm supposed to start recording my voice note by talking to the phone?

i need basic info here. if what i'm describing above. ...ie, click the ball. nothing happens. and then white screen. indicate. problem. then fine. i can move on to troubleshooting that.

but... if someone, who's voice note feature works. could very simply explain what i should be seeing, i'll then at least know there's something wrong with what i'm seeing.

thanks to any who reply

cheers

Stephen

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: voice note trouble

try a batt pull, phone on batt out 30 sec then back in.
    this usually solves little problems with apps.
    and yes it should come up and say
    click ok to begin. blah blah blah.
    you get the point
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

"blah blah blah" is that the technical term?

PIN/ID
    ask me

yup that's exactly what the pop up said? batt pull fixed it
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

h3lp4myb0ss no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks...that actually worked.

should known. a simple restart woulda done the trick for a run of the mill glitch.

...on a related note.

is there a way to move a feature/application ...out of that application folder...and plop it in the main home screen type area?

i want to make getting to this voice note feature easier for my boss... if it was in the main area. he'd be more likely to use it. than having to click into the apps folder. and then on voice note...

using the work around for saving it as a mms draft is gonna be work enough. but if i can save him one or two clicks. maybe he won't be such a grouch about it.

...thanks to any who respond.

cheers

Stephen

PIN/ID
    ask me

you must be using a zen theme
    5 icons left side of screen or across the bottom
    for those, in the apps section go to an app press menu, then move icon. the top 5 icons will show up on your home screen. also if you go to options>themes the dimension theme will have all apps on the home screen.
    hope this helps