If anyone has a Parrot phone kit and can offer advice I'd appreciate it........ My ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Zingari no está en línea Stack level 1

Voice Dialling when Password Locked

Advertisement

If anyone has a Parrot phone kit and can offer advice I'd appreciate it........

My phone locks by default after 15 mins (IT set for security) so in the car I can receive calls no problem. But to make a call I have to put the password in to get full functionality. If you hit the Parrot button when the phone is locked the radio mutes but the phone won't operate as its locked so you end up with a stalemate. You then have to use the password to open the phone and cancel the call!

Is there a way for voice calls to be made whilst the phone is locked?
    Regards, Zingari
    IZW - from darkness, through firs , into light.

"Cribbins fetch the Purdey, there's a Chav on the estate!"

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Voice Dialling when Password Locked

Quote Originally Posted by Zingari
    If anyone has a Parrot phone kit and can offer advice I'd appreciate it........

My phone locks by default after 15 mins (IT set for security) so in the car I can receive calls no problem. But to make a call I have to put the password in to get full functionality. If you hit the Parrot button when the phone is locked the radio mutes but the phone won't operate as its locked so you end up with a stalemate. You then have to use the password to open the phone and cancel the call!

Is there a way for voice calls to be made whilst the phone is locked?
    There is an Option

If you go under Options
    Security Options
    General Settings
    Allow Outgoing Calls While Locked: Yes

I believe that should solve your problem...I'm not sure though I don't use bluetooth or have a Parrot phone kit(not exactly sure what that is). Anyways...hope this helps

Good Luck
    ~red

Linus no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Voice Dialling when Password Locked

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have the same question. I use Samsung wep200. I have no problem with dialing out using Bluetooth voice dialing when the phone is locked with the option of "Allow Outgoing Calls While Locked" set to No and "Content Protection" set to Disabled. Voice dialing via Bluetooth headset with the above configurations performs the same same way when the phone is locked or unlocked. However, if I enable the "Content Protection" option, Voice dialing via Bluetooth headset will be liked a hit or miss while the phone is locked. I might or might no get the "Say a Command" prompt. If I get that prompt, it will be like slow motions, and it will not redial or response properly.
    I would like the security of content protect and at the same time the convenience of voice dialing via Bluetooth headset hand free.
    PS. My "Include Address Book" option under Content Protection have was set to no all along.