When my phone is paired with my built in audio system ('07 Range Rover), I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

skywaterbanjo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31809CE7

Voice Dialing while paired with Range Rover (8130)

Advertisement

When my phone is paired with my built in audio system ('07 Range Rover), I am unable to use the VAD feature of the phone. I can active VAD by pressing the side button on the Pearl but the external speaker and microphone/mouthpiece of the Pearl are disabled. It appears that the car has control of the input and output of the phone but there is no way to use the handsfree feature of the car to provide the VAD instructions nor to hear the VAD commands ("Say a command"). Is there a setting on the Pearl to use the phone's mic and speaker until the call is connected? That is the way it worked with my old Treo 700wx. I would place the call using VAD and, once connected, the car's audio system would take over for hands free conversation.

Any ideas?

ChrisAG no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b2cf00

Re: Voice Dialing while paired with Range Rover (8130)

skywaterbanjo you may be able to use the VAD prior to activating the bt connection to the range rover, you just have to reconnect to the vehicle after dialing using the menu button, the option to connect to the vehicle's bt will be in the options listed.

skywaterbanjo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31809CE7

Re: Voice Dialing while paired with Range Rover (8130)

Thanks, Chris. Yeah, that'll work but defeats the purpose of VAD while I'm driving. Might as well dial the phone by hand or from the dashboard.