Hi Everyone this is my first BB and this question may be a bit long, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

versusz4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Voice dialing turns on automatically

Advertisement

Hi Everyone this is my first BB and this question may be a bit long, but please bare with me ) Thanks.

I'm having this issue while playing MP3 in my car using the pearl. The Voice Dialing program turn on automatically. Not in the middle of a song, but if I choose to play the entire folder,once a song is completed and before the next song start, voice dialing come on. I bought a cassette adapter from radio shack and a (separate smaller adapter to be able to
    connect to the pearl). Voice Dialing option has been turned off and everything disable in the Option setting voice dialing set up. The problem
    still persist. Could this be the small adapter that I had to buy to plug the Pearl into the cassette deck ? Has anyone seen this problem ?

1. If I do nothing - it turns itself off in about 5 sec. and the next song would play..and so on as normal.

2. If I don't want to wait the full 5 sec. I can hit the back button ( to cancel voice dialing) and the next song would play.

Thanks and Regards,
    VV

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d
    What version are you running? Try upgrading it. Tmobile has an official update to .64 and blackberry has one to .67. Also try a battery pull. Does it only happen when you are using the adapters for the car or does it do it by itself or with the supplied headphones too?

versusz4 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the fast reponse, I'm using the old version due to some of the new feature that I don't like with the upgrade. and it only happens with the adapter. I don't have a problem with the supplied headphones. Is there a better adapter out there? This was the only one I could find at radio shack for a measly 4 bucks.

I apreciate your help,
    Regards,
    VV

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ in that case I'm guessing that the interference because the pins don't line up correctly causes the voice dial to turn on. I don't have the time right now but maybe one of the savvy modders on here could do a tutorial on splicing the supplied headphones with your cassette adapter.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    versusz4, Welcome to PinStack.

Sounds like you need a different adapter for you BB. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles