Voice dialing sounded great, but when you have 3500 contacts in your address book, it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

072970 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Voice dialing troubleshooting?

Advertisement

Voice dialing sounded great, but when you have 3500 contacts in your address book, it gets to the right name about .001% of the time. Is there a way to keep all of my contacts sync'd on my 8100, but only have voice dial try to match contacts that I have identified as voice dial contacts?

Any creative ideas appreciated!

Thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Voice dialing troubleshooting?

072970, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm not sure as I don't have a pearl or that many contacts, but I don't think there is. I imagine that even with the search by typing it takes a while to whittle done your list to the one you want to check.

That said, you might try assinging a category for VoiceDial to each the contacts you want to limit it to and then keeping you Contact list filtered to that category unless you want to access the others. If you apply a category filter, it will remain until you remove it.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

072970 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Voice dialing troubleshooting?

Thanks Rcbjr. If I apply the filter, will that mean that I will not be able to access those contacts from my BlackBerry that I didn't include in the filter? I was thinking of filtering what contacts got stored on the device, but my limited understanding is that doing this might limit my access to my entire list of contacts.