Well, I have had my pearl for about a couple weeks now. It has worked ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Voice Dialing problem

Advertisement

Well, I have had my pearl for about a couple weeks now. It has worked flawlessly once i learned to use this thing. Anyways, I frequently use the voicedialiing feature on the phone which worked great till last night. When i saw the persons name the phone recognizes and repeats their name and then i confirm to call that person but then it says no number found for that person, even though I have 1 or more numbers under that peersons name in my address book. Ive tried takin battery out, messing with settings for voicedialing so i dunno what else to do

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Voice Dialing problem

Is it isolated to one entry in your address book or everyone? If its one person I would try deleting and re-adding them to see if something was messed up in that entry.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I thought I heard something about MyFav and voice dial, could be wrong though.

PIN/ID
    302C0803

well it happens to alot of people in the phone book, but not all. I am not sure why? and its not even the people in the favs just some!

Try this for each entry in your address book that you want to use voice dialing for. Open the contact in EDIT, then SAVE it. Voice dialing should then work for that contact and for any other contacts that you perform this action on. I had this problem after porting over contacts from my 7105t, and again when I had to move contacts from one pearl to a new pearl. I have it from a RELAIBLE source that this will be fixed on the next relears of SW.

PIN/ID
    302C0803

bwgregg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C26A9

I had something similar happen. I changed the voice dialing language to English (United Kingdom) and went into voice dialing and it rebuilt the voice dial list. Then I changed it back to English (United States) and when I opened voice dialing it rebuild the list again. After that, all of my names worked.

djdc78 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by bwgregg
    I had something similar happen. I changed the voice dialing language to English (United Kingdom) and went into voice dialing and it rebuilt the voice dial list. Then I changed it back to English (United States) and when I opened voice dialing it rebuild the list again. After that, all of my names worked.
    thanks bwgregg, i was having the same problems, did just this, and voila, it works. much appreciated.

DC