About 75% of the time, when i try to do a voice command either on ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wpbjim no está en línea Stack level 1

Voice dialing initialization failure?

Advertisement

About 75% of the time, when i try to do a voice command either on the BB or via the bluetooth i get an error message displayed telling me "unable to allocate audio channel. Close other applications and try again".

Any idea? How do i find out what applications are currently running?

thanks

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Voice dialing initialization failure?

You can find what applications are running by pressing Alt+Escape. Then you can roll over to the open program, open it then Click and close the program. Keep in mind that some programs are always open such as Browser, Email, Home, BB Messenger and Phone.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Try a battery pull and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, atleast u'll know that it aint nothing serious.

Buck no está en línea Stack level 1

I had just recieved my new 8100 today as well. I have been setting it up and tailoring it to my preferred settings and just now I had the same exact error. About an hour ago it was working and I was having some fun with it.

I did a shutdown/reboot (didnt pull out the battery) and this fixed the problem. I will keep track of what I do from now and and periodically see if I can use the Voice Dialing and see if I can get this error again on purpose and report it back here.

My first post here, and I am loving my new phone. I upgraded for a 7100. The 8100 is so leet ^.^