I'm having a issue where the voice dialing keeps popping up randomly. i took the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

crystaltears no está en línea Stack level 1

voice dialing help!

Advertisement

I'm having a issue where the voice dialing keeps popping up randomly. i took the voice dialing button out and switched it to nothing and i also did a battery pull and i'm still having the same problem. my phone is running os .101. is there a way to just remove voice dialing from my blackberry?

Re: voice dialing help!

why would you want to remove voice dialing? So when you put your phone down on a table...and you dont touch it at all the voice dialing opens up right?

this is odd...go to options>voice dialing> and alter some setting?
    do a battery pull and keep the battery out longer.

And change the convience key to something other than nothing...

this is odd

dopeyloc718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E26A21

Do you have a headset because when I had the thing that let you use normal headphone I forgot the name but any way when I plugged it into the headset jack the voice dial wud pop up maybe it has 2 do with the jack ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by ruth
    why would you want to remove voice dialing? So when you put your phone down on a table...and you dont touch it at all the voice dialing opens up right?

this is odd...go to options>voice dialing> and alter some setting?
    do a battery pull and keep the battery out longer.

And change the convience key to something other than nothing...

this is odd
    yeah i don't touch it all and it pops up. i don't really use voice dialing i just use speed dial instead. i also have a headset connected and i just realized thats when it happens but it never did that before. i have the headset in my ear and out of no where i hear the beep like voice dialing is activated so i look at my phone and theres a voice dialing screen so i close it each time. its really annoying because its been popping up every few minutes even when my phone is locked i could hear the sound. do you think its the headset or the phone itself or the software?

dopeyloc718 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E26A21

It may be the software because my headset does the same thing~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by dopeyloc718
    It may be the software because my headset does the same thing~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    thats weird. i've had this software for a month now and last night it started doing that like when my battery was low. is there a way to remove voice dialing or fix this problem?

is this happening when your battery is high or normal?
    Are you pressing the 'talk' button the headset or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ruth
    is this happening when your battery is high or normal?
    Are you pressing the 'talk' button the headset or something?
    it happens whenever but it just started when it was low and now it wont go away even when i charge it. no i'm not pressing anything.

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

This little tidbit of info should assist.
    detailed instructions and all.

read carefully and enjoy
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...activated.html

Find your current OS software file located here in most cases...
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\"deviceOSversion" here it will say the os version you are running

hope this helps you out

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm having the same problem. After plugging in my seidio audio adapter and connected headphones, voice dialing turns on randomly every 5 seconds.

I just removed voice dialing from my phone with this technique by moving all files "net_rim_vad_XXX" (22 files) away from its parent directory.

It's early, but my phone has not been hiccuping at all and music and video is playing fluidly.

My OS is AT&T 4.2.1.96. What is the common link here? I'm dissapointed as lately my phone is turning against me with the voicemail problem and the annoying PTT which I removed using the same technique above.

Edit: I did just recently reinstall my OS, not a wipe, and the problem still persists if Voice Activated Dialing is installed. My voicemail problem however is fixed.
    Last edited by SDEEDY; 08-25-2007 at 10:54 PM.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

ive always found backing up the just doing a wipe seems to fix most problems