I no longer get the 'say a command prompt.' Any ideas?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jon4lakers no está en línea Stack level 2

Voice Dialing dosent work anymore...

Advertisement

I no longer get the 'say a command prompt.'

Any ideas?

topjock no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2048430A

Re: Voice Dialing dosent work anymore...

Does it work at all when you press the voice command button and say "call {someone in your address book}"?

If it does, just press the voice command button and say "Turn prompts on"...

Your prompts may have gotten turned off somehow...

Hope that helps...

Chad

ernestdefoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    218D1F76

I had a customer come into the store yesterday, and his Pearl was doing the same thing. I pulled the battery left it out for a few seconds and put it back in, and it started working again. Try doing that and see if it works.

jon4lakers no está en línea Stack level 2

Pulling the battery worked! Thanks.

Why did this happen, and do I prevent it from happening again?

PIN/ID
    218D1F76

Not really sure why it happened. It hasn't happened on mine yet. Of course I don't use it that much on mine even though I loved the feature. I just happened to try it on the customer's and it worked after the BB booted back up. You have to think phones/pda's/ect are all like tiny computers. Sometimes they just need a rebooting (pulling battery out), and it fixes the problems. I learned that quick in my job while others haven't. They spend hours on the phone with Tech Support, and I walk over pull out the battery, stick it back in, and it works again.

ozeira no está en línea Stack level 1

I just wanted to second the issue and the fix (well more of a workaround)

PIN/ID
    218D1F76

Yeah like I said I don't know what causes it. I just know a temporary fix for it. Maybe they will release an updated OS for it that will address and fix this issue. Until then I guess if someone has that problem they will just have to pull the battery.

swoop no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B99A7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This also happened to me and the battery fix worked - I just assumed it was caused by all of the loading of new apps and mid's that I was installing like a madman. One particular app that I was suspicious of was TodoMatrix. It was throwing all sorts of exceptions!
    I sure hope an OS update will cure some of these anomalies including the 'silent ringtones'

PIN/ID
    218D1F76

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    One can only hope that it will fix the issue. We will just have to wait and see. I wonder if anyone has even reported it to RIM or their carriers tech support department.

dwc
    dwc no está en línea Stack level 2

I lost my voice prompt as well. Only thing I had loaded recently was new BB Dimension Today Plus theme. Pulling battery now...

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

same here taking out battery fixed it and omfg wow I have never seen or heard Voice Dialing work like this before. In an office enviroment it works flawlessly, no need to setup or program just say the name how you have it set in your phone and bam it dials lol badasss

EMOrtal no está en línea Stack level 1

This issue is actually a good thing if we can harness it..
    I recently had this issue and as a result could listen to the media player through Bluetooth, both Video and Music.
    I had the Media player open and held down the connect button on my BT headset to make a voice dial and to my surprise audio connected for the song and VD did not open.
    After this I changed to a movie (Stewie griffin untold story) and watched it in its entirety through the BT headset.
    After I closed media player I found VD to be broken. I did the battery pull reset which fixed VD and broke BT audio.
    If we could figure out how to break VD on purpose we could have our cake and eat it too. We would know what not to do when wanting VD to work and what to do to get BT audio to work.
    So if anyone can break VD on demand please let us know.
    EMOrtal