I have "Restrict My Identity" enabled on my BB Pearl. It works fine when I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

AkkordEX no está en línea Stack level 2

Voice dialing doesn't restrict my identity

Advertisement

I have "Restrict My Identity" enabled on my BB Pearl. It works fine when I call anyone from my address book or dial a number (ie. they get private number' on their end).

Problem is....when I use voice dialing, it doesn't restrict my identity! They see my name/number! Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks

Re: Voice dialing doesn't restrict my identity

I just tried rescanning the address book but still have this problem....any help?

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when you're using the voice dial...are you saying the number exactly as it is in your address book? Or are you saying the name?

Quote Originally Posted by madetosink
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~when you're using the voice dial...are you saying the number exactly as it is in your address book? Or are you saying the name?
    I say the name of the contact when voice dialing.

If you have a Pearl, can you give it a try? First ensure "Restrict my Identity" is enabled, then Voice Dial someone (like your home phone)...does your name/number show up? or am I the only one with the problem?

no one else has this problem?

No one else has this issue?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Yes, everyone has this issue its a bug. If you want to restrict your idenity you need to not voice dial. Sorry.

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

A few known bugs with voice dialing,another is when the phone is locked, and the options are set to prevent outgoing calls when locked, you can still do outgoing calls from voice dial... I got so angry with voice dialing, I tore through the alx file and removed the voice dual function completely... I don't miss it at all ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rw5579
    A few known bugs with voice dialing,another is when the phone is locked, and the options are set to prevent outgoing calls when locked, you can still do outgoing calls from voice dial... I got so angry with voice dialing, I tore through the alx file and removed the voice dual function completely... I don't miss it at all ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I can't voice dial when the keypad is locked...that must be an old os issue...if your talking about via bluetooth, I can do it that way however that way makes sense.

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    I can't voice dial when the keypad is locked...that must be an old os issue...if your talking about via bluetooth, I can do it that way however that way makes sense.
    yes, i omitted the voice dial/via bluetooth issue, thanks for clarifying and reminding me... stinking voice dialing

danwestness no está en línea Stack level 2

one way to fix this would be to add "*67" before the numbers that you have stored in the address book, that way when the voicedial program connects the call it will manually restrict your identity... however, this will cause you to not be able to send SMS or MMS messages via the address book, and if somebody sends you a text, their name will not appear