Hi all: I understand that I go to menu->options->voicedialing to adjust the sensitivity. Question: what ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Black_Pearl no está en línea Stack level 2

Voice Dialing - Adjusting Sensitivity Question

Advertisement

Hi all:

I understand that I go to menu->options->voicedialing to adjust the sensitivity. Question: what does adjusting the sensitivity do? Should it be at normal? Or should it be higher at +3 (reject more) or -3 (reject less)? Right now, when I use voice dialing, it seems that my BB keeps asking me "Say a command", even after I say "Call person X". Sometimes it recognizes my voice command, sometimes it just doesn't. Any other adjustments I need to do in the voice dialing menu? Any insight appreciated! Thx.

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Voice Dialing - Adjusting Sensitivity Question

if you reject more it means the VAD feature will have less contacts to choose from, if you reject less VAD will have more contacts to choose from. Basically the senitivity allows for adjustment if VAD keeps picking the wrong contact when you say a command, try changing the sensitivities and see how it works for you...oh and btw welcome to pinstack

Quote Originally Posted by husnain1
    if you reject more it means the VAD feature will have less contacts to choose from, if you reject less VAD will have more contacts to choose from. Basically the senitivity allows for adjustment if VAD keeps picking the wrong contact when you say a command, try changing the sensitivities and see how it works for you...oh and btw welcome to pinstack
    So if I have the sensitivity at -3 (reject less), it will pick up the correct contact sooner or later? Hmm, I'll try that and see. Thx

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Pearl
    So if I have the sensitivity at -3 (reject less), it will pick up the correct contact sooner or later? Hmm, I'll try that and see. Thx
    the other way around...you have to set it to reject more, that way it will try to get exactly the contact that you want

OK, thanks!