trying to set this up - where do i set the commands up? i can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

knighty1971 no está en línea Stack level 2

voice dialing

Advertisement

trying to set this up - where do i set the commands up? i can get to a feature saying speak now but i have not recoreded anything yet?

thanks

red.octane no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E4E60C
    You dont need to set anything up in particular. It will recognize what you're saying. It does very well actually!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Leave the prompts turned on, and the voice dialer will offer you options.

If it doesn't understand what you're saying, it will (or is it a she? ) provide options which match your request.

Best thing is to speak normally. I've played with it doing exaggerated enunciations, and it works better when just speaking normally.

And there is no need to pre-record anything either (unlike Moto phones).

phungy no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think the "voice" of the voice dialer is a she but anyways..

You do not need to program anything. It does a fairly good job of recognizing the names. If you need to change the sensitivity, just go to menu->options->voice dialing.
    BB 8100 v.4.2.0.42 Unlocked
    Accs: 1GB MicroSD, BSE Total Body Skin, Seidio Rubberized Case, BT H500

PM me for NEW OEM BB Pearl battery doors!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    haha! knighty, i thought the same thing! old skool you have to record the names! hehe...

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~heehee. I got bored one night and started playing with my voice dialer. I put obscene names in my address book,& gave then a fake phone number. I have my dialer set to the UK English, so it's a very proper English voice. Telling it to look for m*****f**k is hilarious. Just something stupid and fun for when you're bored. Oldest daughter just shook her head at me, but I notice she tried to do it with her Motorola. Lol.

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~heehee. I got bored one night and started playing with my voice dialer. I put obscene names in my address book,& gave then a fake phone number. I have my dialer set to the UK English, so it's a very proper English voice. Telling it to look for m*****f**k is hilarious. Just something stupid and fun for when you're bored. Oldest daughter just shook her head at me, but I notice she tried to do it with her Motorola. Lol.
    OMG ... I was reading your post thinking "wow shouldn't this kid be doing homework or something" and then I read that you have multiple children and I burst into laughter and was like *where's my phone* and started teaching mine obscenities HAHAHA ROFL! Thanks for the idea lol

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Okay ... I now HIGHLY recommend everyone go into Options -> Language. And choose UK English for Voice Prompts. It sounds so much better and professional too. And easier to understand with shorter names. it didn't say Pizza hut very well though.

phungy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PacificDude8
    Okay ... I now HIGHLY recommend everyone go into Options -> Language. And choose UK English for Voice Prompts. It sounds so much better and professional too. And easier to understand with shorter names. it didn't say Pizza hut very well though.
    That's awesome! The voice is definitely much better and more professional. Thanks!
    BB 8100 v.4.2.0.42 Unlocked
    Accs: 1GB MicroSD, BSE Total Body Skin, Seidio Rubberized Case, BT H500

PM me for NEW OEM BB Pearl battery doors!

MidleAgesMan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E8F7D1

Re: voice dialing

After a month getting acquainted with my Pearl I decided it was time to set up the voice dialing feature. I set it up but never used it with my Moto phones but figured I'd give it a try with the BB.

Like Knighty, I couldn't figure out how to set it up for voice dialing--nothing in the menus about picking the contacts you call frequently, nothing at all about making the recordings needed to voice-dial a contact with other phones.

After giving up I decided to just speak when prompted and, surprise, surprise, the little booger knew what I was saying and offered to call said contact for me.

A very nice surprise, indeedy, and one more reason to love these little Pearls.

sir.e.bruhl no está en línea Stack level 1

Am I missing a click or two? I wanna try "English UK" but my (Rogers) Pearl has "English (United States)", there're no options in the "Change Options" menu.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

My tmo pearl has ENGLISH, ENGLISH (United States), English (United Kingdom). Maybe rogers dosent support? You are looking under Options>Language right?

Blackdevice no está en línea Stack level 1

Wht is the best sensitivity for the voive dialing.