I'd like to use that button on my pearl to access a program instead of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

GPeterson82 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    uhh?

Voice Dial Button - can it be changed?

Advertisement

I'd like to use that button on my pearl to access a program instead of going to the voice dialing. Does anyone know if it can be changed?

If it can't be done with the current configuration, are there any softwares out there that i could dowload that would allow me to do that?

Look forward to hearing what you 'stackers' (i hope that isn't offensive or 'non-PC' - though I'm sure it will be within a few months) have to say.

Thanks much -

GP

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Voice Dial Button - can it be changed?

Yep' option-screen/keyboard left convience key opens

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Voice Dial Button - can it be changed?

Welcome to the Stacks GP. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

GPeterson82 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    uhh?

Thumbs up Re: Voice Dial Button - can it be changed?

I figured this would be the best way to get answers about the phone. I had no idea i'd get them in the time it took me to let my dog outside.

Thanks for the help guys - is the first step in setting the phone up the way i want.

I have a voice recording software that I'm using with that convenience key. Now i have to get the software set up to dump to a file that DragonNaturally Speaking (or whatever its called) can run through and dictate for me.

Not sure if that is the best way to do it - but thats the best I've found so far. My hope is to be able to be running around in my ADD haze, notice something that sparks an idea or a reminder and instead of hoping to remember it when i get back to my desk be able to whip the 8100 out of my belt clip holder (I feel like Batman!...though i think the chicks look at me more like a nerd...) make my voice note and have it in a word document at the end of the day. That was a really long sentence. Hopefully i got the idea across though...i think it will be really slick.

If you guys have suggestions for better ways to do it I'd enjoy your input.

Thanks again for the help!

GP