whenever I play a mp3 song in the media player while I have headphone connected ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bcd
    bcd no está en línea Stack level 1

voice command application starts when I play song in media player

Advertisement

whenever I play a mp3 song in the media player while I have headphone connected through the 2.5mm stereo output, the "voice command" application starts. this is kinda annoying because I have to press the back button to go back to the media player and play the song again. once I do that and play the song again, the voice command app doesn't show up...
    ..but if I change the folder and play another song, the problem repeats.

this happens only when I have a headphone connected to the stereo output

anybody got the same problem??

any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks
    bcd

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    bcd, Welcome to PinStack.

Sounds like a real problem. I'm in the same boat as cp, but wanted to welcome you here. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bcd
    whenever I play a mp3 song in the media player while I have headphone connected through the 2.5mm stereo output, the "voice command" application starts. this is kinda annoying because I have to press the back button to go back to the media player and play the song again. once I do that and play the song again, the voice command app doesn't show up...
    ..but if I change the folder and play another song, the problem repeats.

this happens only when I have a headphone connected to the stereo output

anybody got the same problem??

any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks
    bcd
    Alright, let's start with this. What heahphones are you using, and what OS are you on?
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

bcd
    I checked the Advanced option the system software version is 4.2. Is this the also the OS version. if not, how do I find the version of the OS installed?

here are my steps recreate the problem.

1. I went to the folder where my songs were stored on the media card.
    2. I inserted the headphone into the 2.5mm socket. I am using a 3.5mm to 2.5mm converter so that I can use my regular headphones.

3. now, when i play a song, the voice command applications starts.

if you press the back button, the media player screen shows up but you have to press the play button for the song to start.

One another thing I noticed is that if the song is being played on the phones speaker, and I insert the headphone(with my 3.5 to 2.5mm converter), the audio doesnot switch to the headphones. the song has to be stopped...the back button pressed...and the song played again...olny then the audio is routed to the headphones...when this is done, the voice command application doesnot start.

Also, I can't say whether my headphone(with the conversion socket) is bad, but the socket on the pearl seems to be very sensitive because I am finding it difficult to get a stereo ouput from there.

anyway, this is as much as I can provide right now.

thanks a bunch..you pro's out there.

-bcd

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I wanna keep this to the top for more attention... since I don't have that beautiful thing.. LOL

peterw2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have experienced precisely the same problem with my "2 black rings" 2.5mm adapter...and, of course, audio out of only one earphone.

bcd, by the way, what type of adapter are you using?? and are you truly getting stereo or just the effect of mono coming out of both sides (which you can get if you fiddle with the audio jack and pull it out of the socket just so....)

bcd
    if I fiddle around with the adapater, i sometimes get a stereo. more often than not, i get output only from one side of the headphone.
    the lose connection with the adapater and the socket on the phone could be beacuse my adapater maybe of a cheap quailty ($1.99)
    ... but what is strange is when I use the same 2.5 mm adapater on my friend's T-mobile SDA, the connections seems to be perfect and output from the headphones is full stereo....
    ... So I really cannot tell whether the problem is with the 1.99$ adapater or the phones 2.5mm socket.

but the 2.5 mm connecter problem is a seperate issue from the one I had mentioned in my original post.