http://cgi.ebay.com/RIM-BLACKBERRY-H...QQcmdZViewItem I'm not really sure what it means and if it is only $.99 or ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

alecsz no está en línea Stack level 2

voice and data plan over eBay

Advertisement

http://cgi.ebay.com/RIM-BLACKBERRY-H...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not really sure what it means and if it is only $.99 or if there are more charges

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: voice and data plan over eBay

Looks fishy to me. In the auction details it says the 0.99 is not the cost of the phone and you have to buy a Tmo plan that this seller offers. I don't see the BB Minutes and Mail offered.
    You have to get a voice plan, a 30 data plan that you agree to pay for each month. Then you have to buy the phone, didn't see the price and pay 19.99 to ship the phone to you.
    Seems like a waste of $0.99.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

That's what I thought... I couldn't really tell what any of it was talking about.... tricky.
    goooooooooo BEARS

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

It's actually legit.

I contacted several of these dealers (I contact the one in the ad through phone, and the one I bought from through email).

I ended up going with www.1shopwireless.com. The phone price was $50 with a $50 T-mobile rebate. The one on Ebay I think is $100 with 2 rebates.

The process is the same though...fill out the application online, they check your credit like any other store would for the plan, and then ship the phone out. They are limited on the plans they can offer, but they do offer similar plans. I got the $39.99 plan with 600 min + n/w and the $19.99 BIS add-on plan and the 400 anytext plan. They don't have the Minutes and Mail plan, but that $59.99 plan doesn't offer N/W. You have to sign up for a 2 year contract for this price...which is no biggie since people usually do this when they go to a store and pay MORE for their phones anyway.

They usually ship out with Fedex or something to ensure the arrival date. After rebates, it will only cost me $9.99 for the shipping with Fedex 3-day. I ordered on Saturday, they shipped on Monday and I just received today. The activation/porting is delayed to the expected arrival date (in my case, tomorrow) so you aren't without service on your previous phone during shipping. I called T-mobile up today after I received the phone to make sure everything is cool...they said everything is set up for activation tomorrow.

Since they don't have physical stores (which is why they can offer the phones so much cheaper), these Ebay ads just reach more customers.

I was weary at first, but after contact them and asking them questions about the whole process, I am convinced I will go this route everytime I buy a phone from now on.

Do you need to get the phone from there to get the data plan? Is there anything like this for only data plans?
    goooooooooo BEARS

djmack no está en línea Stack level 2

Go to cellphonehookup.com and in the top right corner hit deals to low to show and you can get the phone free

Quote Originally Posted by alecsz
    Do you need to get the phone from there to get the data plan? Is there anything like this for only data plans?
    Uh, if you want to just get a data plan, just call up T-mobile and get a data plan.

The data plans are regular service plans, just like if you walk into a T-mobile store or into an independent dealer or an internet dealer. But T-mobile may restrict what independent dealers or internet dealers can sell. But any plan these dealers offer are the same plans and prices as t-mobile. they are technically not even selling you the plan. They are acting as an agent between you and T-mobile.

They are selling you the device.

Data plan prices are what they are, so you can just buy a data plan over at the T-mobile store or calilng T-mobile themselves.

If you're going to sign up for a 2 year contract, you might as well get the plan and device from these dealers and just sell the device.

Quote Originally Posted by djmack
    Go to cellphonehookup.com and in the top right corner hit deals to low to show and you can get the phone fre
    I checked out these guys too.

There are 2 dealers on ebay, this is one of them. I checked out the other dealer and 1shopwireless.com before going with 1shopwireless.com

1shopwireless had the easiest deal ($50 with $50 rebate) and also gave me a free bluetooth headset. They don't have a number to call though, but have a live chat thing during business hours for questions.