i used to have a sidekick 3 and one of my biggest compaints with the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

iswise no está en línea Stack level 1

voice and data at same time

Advertisement

i used to have a sidekick 3 and one of my biggest compaints with the device was while using the web browser, all calls would go straight to voicemail. also after i made a call, the sk3 would have to reconnect to the network (waiting for the G) and i would not be able to make calls while it was doing that.

does this happen with the blackberry as well?

pthomas11 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d70f0b

Re: voice and data at same time

never. when browsing the web, if a call is incoming it goes straight to the answer screen. you can ignore the call and continue browsing, if you want.

it is important to note that you cannot receive emails or browse the web while using the phone. the device cannot receive both types of wireless signal at the same time.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

But you can use the pda functions, like looking up another phone number in the address book or information stored in the password keeper.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc

Yeah I had to do that last night... on the phone and looked up something in my address book.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by iswise
    also after i made a call, the sk3 would have to reconnect to the network (waiting for the G) and i would not be able to make calls while it was doing that.
    What program were you trying to connect back onto the network with?

The reason I am asking, is I know that Ramble IM will log off every time a phone a call comes in or is placed, however, IM+ will stay connected if a call comes in, a call is made, or even if you go out of a service area for a while and then pop back into service.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

I've heard that with the UMTS products (i.e. 8707) you can send and receive emails even when you're on a phone call. Apparently, that's one of the advantages of going to 3G technologies. Not sure if the same thing applies to EV-DO.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by squished18
    I've heard that with the UMTS products (i.e. 8707) you can send and receive emails even when you're on a phone call. Apparently, that's one of the advantages of going to 3G technologies.
    That is correct.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Email and data will not work while on a phone call, but SMS does work, receive and send.

IM+ is likely just auto-reconnecting after a phone call / service disruption.