Still a newbie here and trying to learn about the Pearl. I have a Pearl ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Stevesol no está en línea Stack level 1

vodaphone separate e mail and sms

Advertisement

Still a newbie here and trying to learn about the Pearl.

I have a Pearl on Vodaphone and the preinstalled software allows you to have separate e mail and text . If I change to any other theme then I lose that option.

I know that there is an upgraded OS that allows you to separate out but can someone explain why the vodaphone then allows it anyway but not others on my phone.

You may ask why I am worried - simple answer is the vodaphone colouring is Boring!
    Last edited by Stevesol; 03-30-2007 at 07:10 PM.

KSGranite no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: vodaphone separate e mail and sms

I'd like something different too but everything I've downloaded merges the e-mail and SMS messages. I like to see it seperate. I'm not sure it can be done though...... anyone help us ??

reynalthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D0DA0

the new TIM Italy OS upgrade gives you the option (messages>options>general options>SMS and EMail Inboxes: you'd change to seperate.

that works
    "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- Albus Dumbledore

sarbin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesol
    Still a newbie here and trying to learn about the Pearl.

I have a Pearl on Vodaphone and the preinstalled software allows you to have separate e mail and text . If I change to any other theme then I lose that option.

I know that there is an upgraded OS that allows you to separate out but can someone explain why the vodaphone then allows it anyway but not others on my phone.

You may ask why I am worried - simple answer is the vodaphone colouring is Boring!
    the theme works that way because it was explicitly designed to for/by the vendor. the others were not... dunno why. fyi - the o2 theme separates them also. as you've said, the newest tim os adds this as a settable feature.
    hth

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Yeah just change to the Italy OS so you can have that option on any theme.

PaulHB no está en línea Stack level 1

hello - I'm a (very) newbie to the BB Pearl - can you tell me what the Italy OS is and how to get it because I'd like to separate email and SMS and I also don't like the vodafone theme.

thanks