Hi Folks, I have recently purchased the 8100 Pearl, phone is fantastic but I am ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Duncan1302 no está en línea Stack level 1

Vodafone Live Browser

Advertisement

Hi Folks,
    I have recently purchased the 8100 Pearl, phone is fantastic but I am unable to use the Blackberry Browser.
    The phone defaults to the Vodaphone Live Browser which is CR*P.

I am able to send and receive emails and even surf the web but this has to be done through Vodaphone Live !

Can i switch between browsers and if so how?

Any help greatfully received.

Thanks.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: Vodafone Live Browser

I can take a swing at it, but I am with t-mobile so I'm not quite sure what Vodaphone Live Browser is.. perhaps it's like a version of our 't-zone'? make sure you have the appropriate voda phone plan to allow you full internet access. If you're sure you purchased right package and it's the settings try this:

bring up your phone's main browser. click options, general properties and then under 'Default Browser' it should be set to "Internet Browser". the other drop down option is "t-zones" for T-mobile so I have a feeling you might see "Vodaphone Live" as an option for you. Once it's set to "Internet Browser", go back and select "Browser Configuration". You should see "Browser" and next to it, it should also be set to "Internet Browser".

once you're done save and go to your "Cache Operations" and clear it all out. close the browser and then reopen it and try visiting a webpage. hopefully this gives you full internet access. again, shooting in the dark some since I am not with Vodaphone.

Goodluck!

Thanks Blackninja, sadly where the Default Browser should be set to Internet Browser it says "Vodafone Live", there are no drop down options.

Have looked through many threads on the forum and it looks as though I should have given Vodafone the boot and switched to O2.

Thanks for your help
    :cry:

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Duncan. Try resending your service books. The internet browser should come with them. Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Click/Register Now. Follow that with a battery pull reset and see if that works.

Hi ljbyar,
    Thanks for info, have tried this aswell, received welcome to network from Blackberry as sms but browser options unchanged, I have have Vodaphone Live.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Duncan, it sounds like you made need to call Vodaphone. It doesn't sound like they have you set up for a BB Data plan.