Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone gotten this to work? I've gotten so far as to get the COD ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pradaisgood no está en línea Stack level 1

vNES Emulator for 8100

Advertisement

Has anyone gotten this to work?
    I've gotten so far as to get the COD installed via javaloader in JDE, but it freezes loading a ROM.

realcomix no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: vNES Emulator for 8100

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what!! Nes emulater for my freakin phone .. Where do I get that and I will do everythin in my power to get it workin on my 8100

Not as easy as you think....or at least I thought.
    Still working on it, but it seems that the framerates are way too slow for consistent play. Either that or you speed up the game, which makes gameplay really skippy.

www . vampent . com

Try it out. Once you compile a .jar with vnes, you have to convert it to .cod with JDE.

I got the v1.2 to work with the preinstalled (?) roms, but can't compile one with Mario Bros or FF or anything.

HEXED no está en línea Stack level 2
    Can I access this site from my pearl & download it from it!?

No. The trial is a .zip file, not including .jar file, which doesn't include the rom (emulated game), and even then it will not install like the familiar .alx executable.

You will need the developer's Blackberry JDE in order to convert the .jar file you made with vNES makejar batch file to a .cod, then you can upload the .cod via command prompt (windows xp's USB).

ButtersFoo no está en línea Stack level 1

I have been working on this since I got the phone on September 18th.
    I decided to 'buckle down' the other day and get the damn thing working.
    I had the day off and it was raining outside, so why not.....

I worked for 13 hours straight on it. Finally got the vampent app on my phone, up and running, but same thing... it freezes trying to load a rom.

I have over 800 .nes files on my computer. I have tried them in all sizes. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I am convinced that if I were a programming whiz, I would be able to get it working. I am pretty optimistic that it can be done.

...Glad someone created a thread about this here. Let's put our heads together and get it working. What's the smallest rom you all have tried? Also, we should be trying to load roms that didnt use a battery backup when they were original games.

Still on it. Keep in mind, it's unlikely installing the .cod via javaloader will not make it appear in your applications' directory, making it more difficult to uninstall. And reinstalling (with perhaps different compiled roms) does not replace the previous version.

I just had to use javaloader to wipe the entire OS (laziest way IMO) to get it back to normal.

I'll do my best to keep you posted.

edit: Something tells me that the zip executable does not work properly with the .class files. At this point the only way I can diagnose this is if I had a spare Nokia capable of the install. Which I do not.

BTW, the older version with Galaga and Donkey Kong works so-so. It loads the roms, but the gameplay is crap.
    2cents.

older version, as in 1.0? not 1.2? I am trying 1.2.

and also, I wasnt loading vnes through javaloader.
    I did it by messaging it to my phone via email and then downloading and loading.
    I have the little blue icon in my application directory. I click it, it animates and loads.
    Then it gives me options.. activate, play, exit. After I click play, it freezes. I was about to purchase the $10 activation, but I doubt that will make much of a difference. Their site is lacking in support, big time, as you probably know. It seems the only phones this works well on are the Nokia 60 series?

In the meantime, I am addicted to the puzzle mode of Ka Glom.
    ....or, at least for another 3 hours.

Ders no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e0cb95

Is there any source code out there for a java NES emulator? Possibly someone who is good with java can recompile something for the BB specifically. It would be great if it could run the same type of files your PC/PocketPC use.

Pyrotek no está en línea Stack level 1

I got it converted to a cod and installed with super pitfall working. The framerate isn't good. Almost playable.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotek
    I got it converted to a cod and installed with super pitfall working. The framerate isn't good. Almost playable.
    WoW sweet keep it up, playing Mario on my Pearl would be sweet or any other nes game

stallion5000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Any new updates with VNES for the Pearl? Has anyone gotten it to work well?

jbenbenek no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20D755F

Ya I agree This would be totally awesome!

sliptech no está en línea Stack level 2

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ll_wanted.html

That thread talks all about the emulator. There's a relative concensus that it works but the framerates are such that you can't play effectively, changing speed helps but not enough. The best bet is to wait for a better version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast