Is anyone else having an impossible time getting Vista to detect the Flip Pearl? I've ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

titancompu no está en línea Stack level 2

Vista Compatiblity

Advertisement

Is anyone else having an impossible time getting Vista to detect the Flip Pearl? I've installed the new DM, uninstalled it, cleaned registries, etc, but nothing works? I connect up my old 8100 though and it works with no biggie. For the Flip I get USB Device Not Recognized.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    If you plug it into the same USB port, it might not find it. Try another USB port 1st. Otherwise, with Vista, or anyother MS version, go into device manager, uninstall ALL USB items and let it reinstall them by itself. If you don't have Vista SP1 installed, do it now!! It has solved many of Vista's problems. PM or PIN me if these don't work, or you have any questions......

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by titancompu View Post
    Is anyone else having an impossible time getting Vista to detect the Flip Pearl? I've installed the new DM, uninstalled it, cleaned registries, etc, but nothing works? I connect up my old 8100 though and it works with no biggie. For the Flip I get USB Device Not Recognized.
    I was trying to sync my wife's flip the other night and same thing....did not recognize. That being said Im running Vista 64 bit. I also bricked my 8310 on my vista 64 bit system. Luckily I have a laptop with vista 32 bit os and was able to recover the curve. Vista......hmmmmmmmm

studio253 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Not to threadjack but how did you brick your 8310 with 64? I'm using it with no problem at all. As for the OP when you connect the device does it show as charging? Does it even get power through the USB? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

titan...I've sent you some PM's....
    Did you read them yet?
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Bump
    If you have a Vista problem, PLEASE install SP1 1st!!
    Intel mother boards also have newer updates that also address USB and other features. Go to http://intel.com.