I'm having problems with 8100 - it's stopped receiving emails from hosted bes. Orange France ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rigaud no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2053CC70

vista and desktop manager

Advertisement

I'm having problems with 8100 - it's stopped receiving emails from hosted bes. Orange France thinks there may be a problem with the phone and I might need to re-install device software. Also just bought new dell with Vista and tried to load Desktop manager from disk plus sp1 from RIM - everything says it has installed okay, no errors, no warnings but when I try to open DTM it flicks open - then over and just disappears - again no errors nothing which is not like vista! Any ideas? If i dont have DTM I can't reload software to phone and can't receive emails....bit annoying. All other vista threads seem to have at least an error message

ericugs no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: vista and desktop manager

I had to DISABLE UAC under MSCONFIG -> Tools .. but other than that Desktop Manager worked on Vista Ultimate.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Welcome to pinstack rigaud. First uninstall desktop manager and then reinstall from the latest version. Go here to get the latest version... https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22.

When you install desktop manager right click the file and choose "run as administrator".

You should be ok, let us know how it goes.

fjl1977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E0A975

I use the DTM with my Vista Home Premium and have NO problems at all with it.

PIN/ID
    2053CC70

really sorry not to come back - but i lost the thread (didn't subscribe) It turned out Orange france had turned my BES facility off. It took 2 weeks to turn back on, one day the enterprise activation icon just came back.

Still can't get DTM to work - have uninstalled as per threads on here and "other places" deleted reg files, changed folder name, run and installed as administrator more times now than i care to remember. Annoying thing is I bought 2 identical pc's at same time 1 for my wife - installed DTM on hers yesterday and it all works fine - how annoying is that?

ps have subscribed this time so won't be so rude in future.

pps still looking for why DTM appears then disappears on Vista Business

javagate no está en línea Stack level 2

My PC creashed running VISTA after I unpluged it when I updated to 4.2.1.96

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

are you trying to install DM4.2SP2? Or SP1?

SP2 works from what I have seen, but installing is a pita because it takes forevvvvveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr

PIN/ID
    2053CC70

I've installed 4.2 sp2 - took ages to download. I have installed it with and without roxio. I have done clean uninstall and reinstall, i've deleted reg files, i've bought more reg cleaning software, i've turned machine on and off, i've installed as admin, i've run as admin, i've turned uac on and off, i've changed the name of the install folder to blackberry1 (as per another thread) It installs fine, no errors nothing but when I try to open it it flicks up and then disappears almost straight away, but still no error messages which is the wierd thing. my wifes machine which is identical with avg anti virus installed 4.2.2 and runs fine! It's a setting somewhere but i have no idea where or what. i'll keep looking at the threads, i know i'm not the only but so far none of the answers has worked for me!