Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Had a customer come in today who is a REALLY BIG phone GEEK. Anyway, he ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

scampbell185 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24210A68

Question Viruses on the BB Pearl

Advertisement

Had a customer come in today who is a REALLY BIG phone GEEK. Anyway, he was telling me about a hacker magazine that he was reading the other day that was talking about the BB being the next target for viruses. Has anyone heard about this and is there anything out there to protect us from getting them?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Viruses on the BB Pearl

Nothing on this end of the grapevine. Blackberrys are known for being secure. I don't think we have to worry.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Akunamatata lol

Honestly I aint worried about this and even if someone would spend time hacking into my pearl, after getting into it, they'd realize they've just wasted a few hours of their time

PIN/ID
    24210A68

I agree with you but I sell alot of this phone to many customers and I just don't want to put someone in a phone that they might have to worry about this issue. Know what I mean? I already get enough but heads telling me that it is my fault when they go over minutes or drop their phone into a sink full of water. Ya Know.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by scampbell185
    I agree with you but I sell alot of this phone to many customers and I just don't want to put someone in a phone that they might have to worry about this issue. Know what I mean? I already get enough but heads telling me that it is my fault when they go over minutes or drop their phone into a sink full of water. Ya Know.
    I would wonder if there is any phone that you could really feel secure selling then. I mean the BB have a history of security. Can you say that about the other smart phones out there? JMO of course. I don't think you should have any issue selling Pearls to people as they are great phones.

zta
    zta no está en línea Stack level 2

i saw this program mentioned somewhere. i can't recommend it, i dont know anything about it. barely glanced at the page, havent had time yet.
    www. smobilesystems. com/ homepage/ virusguard.jsp
    quick search on google "SMobile VirusGuard review" seems to have some good reviews

PIN/ID
    24210A68

They are and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. LOVE this phone. Just curious what people thought about it. I am glad that I am getting positive feed back on this topic. Thanks to all.

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I know alot of my ppl that have this phone and never faced this issue.

nrwilk no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    hacking into my pearl
    You mean cracking. Believe me, people can be offended by this misuse of the word "hack."

http://newdata.box.sk/bx/hacker/ch03/ch03.htm
    nrwilk

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

...everyone does realize the DoD uses blackberries? most vulnerabilities are in the email client itself and what is RIM's strongest feature... email. they don't even have an option to cut on html email viewing; they got security on lock.

you should be more worried about a deer flying through your windshield. deer related fatalities account for more than 130 deaths per year in the US (cnn.com). FEAR THE DEER!

PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by nrwilk
    You mean cracking. Believe me, people can be offended by this misuse of the word "hack."

http://newdata.box.sk/bx/hacker/ch03/ch03.htm
    Aight u right, believe it or not but I took my time to read the article on that link lol. Sorry to all hackers around

Bubblez0163 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by peterbabiy
    Akunamatata lol

Honestly I aint worried about this and even if someone would spend time hacking into my pearl, after getting into it, they'd realize they've just wasted a few hours of their time
    same here..lmao

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

*waves at Shannon* see? It gets the same response here as it does at the other forum. Of course, they also said plastic cards linked to your bank acct that would allow you to pay for goods would never happen either. It's foolish to smug up and say "well. Blackberry has a pretty good record of safety". People are malicious today. 3rd party apps for BlackBerry are made everyday. The api's are out there. If someone can do it, and simply for no other reason than they can, they probably will. If virus protection is ever developed for the BB, I'll buy it. Better safe and out a few bucks than sorry with a full wallet. And what about a bb with wifi? You give 3rd party apps permission everyday to access your bb. It's not such a far-fetched idea. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    *waves at Shannon* see? It gets the same response here as it does at the other forum. Of course, they also said plastic cards linked to your bank acct that would allow you to pay for goods would never happen either. It's foolish to smug up and say "well. Blackberry has a pretty good record of safety". People are malicious today. 3rd party apps for BlackBerry are made everyday. The api's are out there. If someone can do it, and simply for no other reason than they can, they probably will. If virus protection is ever developed for the BB, I'll buy it. Better safe and out a few bucks than sorry with a full wallet. And what about a bb with wifi? You give 3rd party apps permission everyday to access your bb. It's not such a far-fetched idea. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't think anyone is arguing that it's impossible. Anything is possible but that's the point. If it's possible for any phone then it's better to make a decision based on track record, which BB has a great one. The original comment had to do with whether or not the gentleman should, or could, feel comfortable selling them to customers. Is there another phone that you think may be a better option for him to feel comfortable selling?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

hehe, that's the same justification people who suffer from OCD use. "well it might have come unlocked, better safe than sorry." (relocks 8 times)

again I say, fear the deer! those 130 deaths are real and are on record.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast