Ok so i looked at my phone this morning. And for some reason Handango InHand ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Virus maybe?

Advertisement

Ok so i looked at my phone this morning. And for some reason Handango InHand is installed...

Kind of freaked out, cause i didnt even download it and i rarely use handango to buy stuff. But never on my pearl.

I also went under applications to see if i can uninstall it. But it was no where to be found.

Any help please.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

Natasha no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ASK NICE

Re: Virus maybe?

Did you upgrade your OS? I know when I switched to the most recent Rogers... I got a new icon called Do More... I don't use it so I just hide it...

What does this new app do for you? Have you tried to use it?

PIN/ID
    2209848B

Well its handango InHand... I think its just the launcher for your phone to handango.com

But i dont want access it cause it might be a virus or something. And yes im on the t-mobile OS .107
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

I have In-Hand. Its a free service from Handango. Its a good service if you want to buy any apps. They have crappy weather and traffic reports too. But I don't know how it magically appeared on your phone, so who knows, you could have a virus? Plug your phone in and check the App Loader on your DM. If its listed you then it's included in your softwware and can be deleted if you so desire. If that's how you originally tried to delete it then on your phone go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications, Scroll to Handagno In-Hand, and hit the menu key. The delete option should come up.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

I just noticed that also when I hooked my phone up to the DM a couple of days ago--I was surprised to see it because it was never there when I upgraded my OS weeks ago. I will probably just hide the icon.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

This happened with someone else to. It not a virus. It's being bundled with the pearl now I think.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i think that's silly...its like forcing advertisments upon bb users...what's next? A papa John's loader to order pizza?!

tj2311111 Guest

Same thing happened to me. A few days ago I noticed the Handango Inland Icon on my Pearl. Not only that but I got a second browser icon pushed to me and some other icons on my homescreen that are usually not there. I was just about to post a thread about it. Wierd stuff. Im on Tmobile also if that makes a difference.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Okay aside from the fact I downloaded In-Hand myself, why haven't I gotten these weird icons. I'm with TMO as well. What are these icons? Are they useful? If not can you delete them in Options/Apps?

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its not in the options to delete...you probably have to delete them with the desktop manager...and its only useful if you use Handango to order stuff

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

They are browser link icons, set up with service books. You have to delete them in Options/Advanced Options/Service Books. But the will just come back if you re-register or need to re-send service books

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2209848B

Thank you all for the support, I finally figured out how to delete the icon.

Thanks all
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B