Hi there I used to have an old style Blackberry but my firm have now ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

isaune no está en línea Stack level 2

Viewing e mail folders

Advertisement

Hi there

I used to have an old style Blackberry but my firm have now given us Pearls.

I like my new Pearl a lot - pretty much everything ok - except for one thing.

When I click "view folder" in the e mail application it takes me to what my Outlook programme looks like on my laptop. About 50 folders/directories/sub directories etc etc.

So, that sounds fine so far.

BUT, when I click on any folder, I can't see any e mails in them. With my old Blackberry, this worked very well and I used to keep about 3 months worth (I think) of e mails there which I could refer back to using the Blackberry.

Now, on the Pearl, all the folders are empty.

Any ideas please? I have checked the box which says "keep all messages for ever" so that is not it.

Please help

Thx

Ian

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Viewing e mail folders

Hi Ian.

Unfortunately, on the Pearl, you will only be able to view items in the folder that you placed in the folders since you set up the Pearl on your BES/BIS. Going forward, you should be seeing those items in the folders.

I'm not sure if there is a way to get the old ones to transfer. If there is, someone will be along to share that information with you.

Hi - thanks for that - but I can't see any messages at all. Did you mean that I have to actually file them on the Pearl in order to see them? Because what i have always done is delete them on the Pearl and file them away when i switch my laptop on? That used to work anyway. As I say, grateful for any advice. Thanks
    Ian

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Ian, if you delete them on the Pearl then file them on the laptop, when it sync's it won't find the email on the Pearl so it won't move it to the folder. What I usually do is file them and wait a while for it to sync with my PC, then it should automatically move to the folder. Not sure why that used to work for you though.

Hmmmm - OK thanks - I will try that.

I suppose what I am looking for - and used to have - is a machine that syncd the other way around.

ie - if I file away on my laptop, the Blackberry would somehow see from the server that I had done that and sync with those folders

As I say, I'm sure this used to work with the old Blackberry.

Thanks for your help though

Ian

OK - all figured out now.

It works fine if I file e mails on my laptop BEFORE I delete them on my Pearl. In that case, the e mails move from the Pearl inbox to whatever folder I put them in.

It also works fine if I file them on my Pearl. In that case, when I check Outlook they are exactly where I filed them using the Pearl.

Where it DOESN'T work is when I delete them from the Pearl's inbox and then later file them using Outlook. If you do that, you can see them forever on your laptop but will never see them again on your Pearl.

Just thought I would record the outcome for posterity in case any other poor sap should evr have the same problem and browse here.

Thanks again to those who helped

Zingari no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a similar problem but can't figure it out. On the pearl all my sub folders are replicated but are all empty.

I can file my email in the sub folders (as they disappear from the inbox) but when I open the sub folder it shows no messages! Relication does not assist. They do however move on my desktop PC.

The only sub folder I can access where there are messages is the outbox. so it saves sent messages but not those placed in folders - why not?

ANy help/info appreciated.