Hi, New user here on Rogers in Canada, and after about 4 days, I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

starwatcher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20542F84

Viewing contacts from phone application

Advertisement

Hi,

New user here on Rogers in Canada, and after about 4 days, I have a few questions that I have not been able to find answers to. I will put them in different postings as they are on different subjects.

Is there a way from the Phone application to view a contact easily. For instance. When on the main screen; Today theme screen. To call or email someone you can just start typing their name or number. If this person exists in the address book, it brings up a list of matches. I then can click the pearl and have choices to call or email them, or pull up a larger menu, but I do not have the choice to edit or view the contact. Is there a quick way to get into the edit or view from this screen?

I would like this functionality so as to find information on contacts easily and quickly, even if I do not plan on calling or emailing them right away. Like their home address or other notes I have on my contacts.

As a work around I usually pick call from address book, then have to retype the persons name. Then click options then view or edit. It seems silly they do not have a choice to edit or view the person directly from the phone app.

Thanks,
    Allan

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Viewing contacts from phone application

If you want to edit a contact you have to open the Address book to do it. This is normal with PDA type devices. Don't you have your address book available from your home screen.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

I find it real easy to view or edit a contact

starwatcher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20542F84

As I use alot of different programs, I moved the address book further down, as I thought I could just pull up a name real quick by just typing it in anytime. I guess RIM didn't think to add that feature in. I was just hoping for some quick of quick key press to get into the contact details from the phone app. As the info is there. The phone app does the search for the contact, displays its email and phone numbers, just does not let you access the whole contact.

Anyway, hopefully in the future, as it would be nice.

Allan

pete14 no está en línea Stack level 1

i changed my side buttens through options sreen/keyboard. You could put your address book or contacts on one of those side buttens.