hi! i'm going on a trip next week and would like to have some maps ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cynox no está en línea Stack level 1

view maps (offline!) - pdf/jpg on blackberry

Advertisement

hi!

i'm going on a trip next week and would like to have some maps with me which are only available on my pc. so i could just print them out and carry tons of paper with me.. but.. i have this tiny little device with lots of memory and a color display - so why don't use my blackberry to store them?

so i'm looking for a way to view jpgs/pdf or anything else suitable for storing maps to view them _offline_ (i will not use my dataplan because its abroad).

do you have any ideas how i can do this? also it would be nice to store some rtf documents (i won't need ms word file - rtf or even txt would be just fine) on my memory card to view them later on my bb?

thanks,
    andreas d.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: view maps (offline!) - pdf/jpg on blackberry

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Andreas,
    As long as you are able to open jpg attachments from emails you should be in good shape. Simply email the jpgs to yourself, open them, and then save them as pictures on your BB. If you need more detail then zoom and pan till you get what you want on the screen, then Enhance, and finally Save.

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

offline...can u save the images to your photo album?

b_d0za no está en línea Stack level 3

You can view jpeg pictures on the pearl.

You can view PDF files from what I've heard with newer operating systems.

You do not need to email the pictures to yourself to access them on your pearl, but you can if you want.

You can use desktop manager to store the jpeg pictures on your internal memory, however internal memory is limited.

You can store the pictures on a MicroSD card using desktop manager which would be your best bet. I have some pictures I've done this with and you can zoom in and move around the picture.

jz12b no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried saving .pdf files to my pearl, and they are not appearing in my pictures folder. i just purchased it, and I have the latest OS available. Do I need to convert the file from the pdf format?

Quote Originally Posted by b_d0za
    You can view jpeg pictures on the pearl.

You can view PDF files from what I've heard with newer operating systems.

You do not need to email the pictures to yourself to access them on your pearl, but you can if you want.

You can use desktop manager to store the jpeg pictures on your internal memory, however internal memory is limited.

You can store the pictures on a MicroSD card using desktop manager which would be your best bet. I have some pictures I've done this with and you can zoom in and move around the picture.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by jz12b
    I tried saving .pdf files to my pearl, and they are not appearing in my pictures folder. i just purchased it, and I have the latest OS available. Do I need to convert the file from the pdf format?
    You need a program that reads pdf files. Like beamberry http://www.beamberry.com/