[FONT=Helv] I figured everything else out and have pretty much everything set up now BUT ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

vivamilano no está en línea Stack level 1

Vidoes won't play :(

Advertisement

[FONT=Helv]I figured everything else out and have pretty much everything set up now BUT I just can't get videos to play. What am I doing wrong ? I copy them to the sd card they show up under video / media card but just won't play..not AVI, not WMV, not mpeg not mpg. What am I missing ?
    [/FONT]

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Vidoes won't play :(

Hi did you format your SD card? and did you transfer the video using BB desktop manager.

Try pulling the battery while device is on and wait 30 seconds, replace battery, wait till BB powers up then try again.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Gaz

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I just drag n' drop without using the manager and it plays fine.

The reason your videos are not playing is the pearl's pickiness. Even though it lists a bunch of different formats it can play, it really can only play a varation of one format.

Encode all your videos first using any aftermarket pearl video converter. I'd suggest **MPlayer**. After you use the program, take the finished video files and put them on the Pearl. Should rid you of unplayable media.

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na

~via aBB (wap.pinstack.com)~its my experienc that 8100 will not play any file type other than .mp4. I use the blackberry video generator. Works great. Ask google and you shall receive.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

The problem is the Pearl will not play standard "PC" formatted video files. ie.. if you find a video file on the web you cant just copy it to your Pearl and expect it to play even if in a format the Pearl supports.

You need to convert them and downsize them for the Pearl. I have no problem playing AVI or MP4 files once converted properly for the Pearl.

lee_harvey no está en línea Stack level 2

i ust tried this and it works great.
    thanks ninja
    is there anyway to make it a true fullscreen and get rid of the play/pause buttons and stuff?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

sorry to say no there is no way to have it go full screen yet, maybe in future os releases?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    sorry to say no there is no way to have it go full screen yet, maybe in future os releases?
    Hopefully and an option to go full screen and play sideways to use the screen to it's full potential.

-----------

Mission: Complete

Grade: S

WATAAA!

-edit-
    I've decided to make an updated version of the Encoding thread with step-by-step direction and screen captures since I've directed quite a few users over the past week to the program. Could be helpful.