Anyone figured out how to create video to play in landscape mode? All the instructions ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question Video in Landscape?

Advertisement

Anyone figured out how to create video to play in landscape mode? All the instructions I can find just say install it using the media manager and it will work. But I've tried it a couple of times and the video still plays in portrait. I've checked out the help files and they are useless. I can't find anything on RIM's site to further explain either. Any suggestions??

beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3
    that would be a awesome feature to install

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It's supposed to be available on the 8220, like the sample video - but I can't figure out how to make it work!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hayden has posted something about how if you dont put your video through roxio media manager it will only play in portrait (if you say drag and drop it into the MicroSD) so try doing it again with the media manager is the best advice i can give you. sorry

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Yeah I already tried that. It took almost 2 hours for media manager to convert a movie (even though it was already in the correct format to play on my BB I thought maybe the conversion was what made it play in landscape), all to have it not work in landscape still! I'd really like to figure this out. If anyone gets it to work, please tell me what format your movie was in before you ran it through media manager too.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    No one has any ideas???

lingols no está en línea Stack level 1
    u have to load up the files into the roxio media manager and use their software to drag to your memory card on the bottom window in the program. select optimal conversion and it converts it to widescreen format but it about doubles the size of the file. the regular vids i had already converted for my original were then converted again using roxio to play widescreen. you can alter the "quality" on the advance setting when the window pops up. why did i convert twice? cuz i downloaded flash vids from youtube then converted using SUPER> then using ROXIO to play in WS. but again it almost double the size of the file.... good thing it supports 16g SD cards now!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I did exactly what you said, but I don't get it in widescreen! Are there any settings I should change? Thanks!

um well when that popup window shows up when u drag the vid down to the bottom window which should be your memory card there is an advanced option where u could adjust the screen size.. choose the middle which should be >adjust screen size to fit. otherwise choose OPTIMAL ... something soemthing dont remmeber. ya im surpised it came with no manual or anything so i just busted out the ol' trial and error method.

beav626 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lingols View Post
    um well when that popup window shows up when u drag the vid down to the bottom window which should be your memory card there is an advanced option where u could adjust the screen size.. choose the middle which should be >adjust screen size to fit. otherwise choose OPTIMAL ... something soemthing dont remmeber. ya im surpised it came with no manual or anything so i just busted out the ol' trial and error method.

Are you transferring regular videos or converted videos? if converted what are you using to convert?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Yeah, I did that exactly - no luck... I'm wondering if it is because I am using videos already converted for blackberry? I would love to find a place to BUY videos for my blackberry! It would be worth the 10 bucks or whatever to just have it work without hassles!

using SUPER to convert and you can just toss them into the sd card but will onloy play in portrait mode.. not widescreen. search the forums and youll find it with a link.. best converting program ive ever used and its totally free