i just joined here after lurking for a bit, i just got my pearl about ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ErikRL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23de7e82

Video help for a newb

Advertisement

i just joined here after lurking for a bit, i just got my pearl about a week ago. and i am new to the BB world

i was able to download a short video to my pearl, in mp4 format... and it plays the sound great.... but there is no video.... also when i copied it over, it went into the pictures folder, and i couldnt move it over to videos

is this only possible with a microsd card, or can i do it from the onboard memory? and if it is, where am i going wrong

im sure its been covered before, but i couldnt find it with a search... or if i did, i dont know what i was looking at.

so if i need to see a existing thread, just point me that way

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Video help for a newb

There's two main threads on getting video to work and I think they are failry clear. Not sure where you looked.

You are doing what many people do when they get the Pearl. They think that you can transfer any video to the Pearl and it will play. None will because they have to be converted or encoded to work on the Pearl.

Also, as has been said in many threads, you need a MicroSD chip on which to transfer video.

Check this thread and read it carefully for converting video and look at the permanent thread at the top of this page.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...recommend.html

Quote Originally Posted by ErikRL
    i just joined here after lurking for a bit, i just got my pearl about a week ago. and i am new to the BB world

i was able to download a short video to my pearl, in mp4 format... and it plays the sound great.... but there is no video.... also when i copied it over, it went into the pictures folder, and i couldnt move it over to videos

is this only possible with a microsd card, or can i do it from the onboard memory? and if it is, where am i going wrong

im sure its been covered before, but i couldnt find it with a search... or if i did, i dont know what i was looking at.

so if i need to see a existing thread, just point me that way

ErikRL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23de7e82

kind of expected that.... cool, thank you

this is a great site, i have been very impressed with all the knowledge contained here

great source folks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ErikRL, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles