So I used the video converter listed on here, and converted a DVD to the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

paylurtack no está en línea Stack level 1

Video Help?

Advertisement

So I used the video converter listed on here, and converted a DVD to the right format, and tried transfer to my blackberry while its plugged in, but it says it can't find it.

Then I tried to save it to my BB folder on my computer, then go to Desktop Manager, and send it through Media Manager, but it doesn't show up...

What gives?

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Media manager displays the file contents of any folder just like windows explorer does. If you cant browse to and find the video you converted then verify you actually saved it where you think you did. Browse to it using windows explorer. Maybe you saved it to the wrong place. If you see it in windows explorer but the desktop media manager doesnt see it in the same folder, try just copying/pasting from windows explorer directly into the media manager.

djdanger no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    Media manager displays the file contents of any folder just like windows explorer does. If you cant browse to and find the video you converted then verify you actually saved it where you think you did. Browse to it using windows explorer. Maybe you saved it to the wrong place. If you see it in windows explorer but the desktop media manager doesnt see it in the same folder, try just copying/pasting from windows explorer directly into the media manager.

Do not know if this will help, but, when I transfer converted video files to my 8100, they will NOT show up, as long as the bb is plugged into the computer. When I unhook the usb cable, and go to the folder, they then show up!

Hope this helps

penk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by djdanger View Post
    Do not know if this will help, but, when I transfer converted video files to my 8100, they will NOT show up, as long as the bb is plugged into the computer. When I unhook the usb cable, and go to the folder, they then show up!
    this is typical when "Mass Storage Mode" is set to "ON"

Options > Media Card > "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" > Yes/No

"Yes" allows your PC to see the MicroSD card as a USB storage device, but the stored files will not be visible from the handset menus while connected.

"No" will allow for USB charging and Backup/Synch and you will still have access to files from the handset

Mass Storage is good for drag & drop of files, but with the Pearl's USB 1.1 transfer speed moving many or large files is painfully slow. i recommend using a media card reader*. SanDisk makes a keen one that i've been satisfied to use, and it's on sale at Circuit City this week!

* which also helps your device memory out with a battery pop!