At one point I was able to do the decoding myself on my last laptop, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Jockobasi no está en línea Stack level 2

Video Decoding

Advertisement

At one point I was able to do the decoding myself on my last laptop, but since then its been some time. I recently tried to add some movies to my BB and I had difficulties. Whenever I decode a rar file to avi it tells me that the file is not supported/recognized. If file is avi, asf or mpeg stream please contact author. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Video Decoding

You could try running it through a BB converter after putting into an avi. This is one such program. Hope it helps.

Jockobasi no está en línea Stack level 2

Ive tried that, hopefully I can just find someone who knows how to do it. So They can physically show me. Thanks

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I use this command to re-encode dvds to be able to watch them on my pearl.

mencoder -vf scale=240:180 dvd://1 -dvd-device /mnt/cdrom/VIDEO_TS -slang en -o ~/chinese.avi -of avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=240 -lameopts br=64:vol=9

Hope this helps. You'll need a program. Its called mencoder. Download a program named mplayer. The mencoder program comes in the zip file. Good luck.