Apologies if this question has been asked already. Does anyone know if/when there will be ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

X Factor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AEE68

Video Clips

Advertisement

Apologies if this question has been asked already.

Does anyone know if/when there will be an OS update for the Pearl to be able to make/send/recieve video clips? Seems to be the only thing lacking from the phone, and to be honest i'm a little embarassed that my friends $50 phone can and my $200 phone cant.

As I understood it from reading other threads on the topic, it was able to, it just didnt have the software to support it yet? Is that correct and is there an ETA?
    My music is so loud, i'm swinging.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Re: Video Clips

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor
    Apologies if this question has been asked already.

Does anyone know if/when there will be an OS update for the Pearl to be able to make/send/recieve video clips? Seems to be the only thing lacking from the phone, and to be honest i'm a little embarassed that my friends $50 phone can and my $200 phone cant.

As I understood it from reading other threads on the topic, it was able to, it just didnt have the software to support it yet? Is that correct and is there an ETA?
    It is only our SPECULATION that RIM can issue software to make the camera function as a video recorder. We say this because most camcorders on cameras are simply programming that tells the hardware [the camera lens] to digitally function as a recorder.

To digitally function is a fancy way of saying that the device operates with digital code as opposed to the old days of mechanical recording [with magnetic tape, belts, motors, and gears].

RIM will issue it in time, or more likely, some third party developer on determining there is a demand for the software. I'm not sure how much work needs to go into making a video recorder application for the Pearl. I would think it would take a lot of testing to make sure the thing works and does not fry the Pearl's OS.

And don't be embarrassed. I have yet to run into someone who says "That Pearl is sheet because it does not have video recording capability" or "Yada, yada, that's all nice, but can it record?"

PIN/ID
    204AEE68

Heh, yeah. Its not really that anyone is going to label the phone as junk because the lack of one feature. It was just the message I got from t-mobile saying "your phone does not support this blah blah, please go to this web site to view the message" and I was kinda

Heres to hoping this happens sometime in the near future.

jtucker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204D4CEF

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That would be nice!

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

i think you can bluetooth it.. lol i had a moto slvr, and all my vids are on the mini sd card, and transferred it, its 3gp and phone plays it

PIN/ID
    204AEE68

It's a little different than that though. I mean opening a video message someone sent you through MMS. I could save the file to my computer and put it on my mem card and play it, assuming it was a supported file type, but the Pearl won't actually recieve a video message like it will a picture message etc.

Just clarifying.

BigDread no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204D4C4B

i think quickplayer can do it now i think i saw thatsomewhere on here but ive been trying to get mine to work all night

albertov no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2048E771

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

I want a Bluetooth Camera Lens to take Pictures and Record Video.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker
    Sorry... Just seeing if I can post via my pearl while on the cable car.

End of test.

Update [10 min later] Wow, that was cool. This posted just fine.
    Last edited by sanfrancisco; 10-24-2006 at 09:30 PM.