Does anybody know if BBPearl Will be coming out with a video recorder or if ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

BoneTrayz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204c681a

Question Video Capture

Advertisement

Does anybody know if BBPearl Will be coming out with a video recorder or if there is already one availiable??

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Video Capture

not one yet. only time will tell, sorry
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

yeah unfortunately not -- crossing my fingers

it will come eventually...

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by tecrishon
    yeah unfortunately not -- crossing my fingers

it will come eventually...
    wouldn't it require RIM to first acknowledge it first?

in the last 6 months this was inquired about in several RIM top exec interviews and they barely acknowledge the point to having a camera letalone video record. they made very clear that they are going to focus on their bread n' butter crowd (business). interview even included talks of WiFi and how they believed it was "over hyped" and until recent decided to finally invest into it. I mean comeon.. WIFI? RIM is very methodical in their actions.. part of what makes them the best. They sit back, watch new ideas sink, fail, or fly, see if it would improve their current system then decide if they want to join in.. mp3 support, video playback support, wifi etc. 4.2 is pretty new still when all the above has been supported for a fair amount of time by other phones.

if it doesn't happen wouldn't surprise me.. MMS is something they kinda threw in there haphazardly in the first place (H264 support when most MMS video records to phone in H263). That's why you aren't able to view videos sent via MMS directly to phone and require a link to a page or a video to picture converter (like the one T-Mo has.. horrible btw). most BB users rely on email and 2.3 just came out and there was no support for opening any video format. End of the day 10-15 second clips of low res video aren't going to draw in some huge profit gain from an untapped market and wouldn't really serve a practical purpose for the average BB user and they are all about practicality (sp*?).

santa, the easter bunny and the phone fairy aren't real.. sorry.

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    santa, the easter bunny and the phone fairy aren't real.. sorry.
    the pearl is the first phone that BB has marketed to the non-business world. they are trying to stretch out, which is smart. i'm not saying it will eventually come on the pearl...but i would bet some money that it will EVENTUALLY be available on a blackberry (most likely a non-business blackberry, such as the curve and pearl).

and BB exec's not revealing video capture doesn't mean anything. you even said they hardly acknowledge a camera. ummm...the pearl and curve already have a camera. so that suggestion doesn't mean that its not coming in the future just because they haven't mentioned it.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I think you misunderstood what I mean by "acknowledge a cam".. acknowledge in terms of 'acceptance'. The pearl came out late last year and camera phones have been in the market since.. hmm when did the LG VX6000 phone come out on verizon? atleast 6 years.. and back then the camera was 1.3mp.

The reasons video is unlikely go beyond just a phone.. blackberries, whether consumer or corporate aimed still run over BES or BIS for data, which is not on a similar setup to the typical flip phone. Now providers are starting to offer a non BB plan to allow MMS, but most owners of a BB are going to attach a data plan, so we'll talk in terms of the majority (since RIM will never focus on what would amount of less than 1% of their users, which is, BB users without a BES/BIS data plan). Why would RIM decide to have all that unneccessary data flying back n' forth over their network? neither your mobile provider offering BIS nor BES admins would want all that unneccessary strain and waste of expensive bandwidth.

I could list a dozen reasons, but the largest one will still be.. there's no user base for it. There are dozens of more useful, resource heavy, features RIM could throw in if they wanted to, but haven't yet, like HTML email support. their stance to this point has been "the cons outweigh the pros.. if you want it that badly, go to WM", yet somehow even withholding it they have a chokehold on the fortune 500 market. If Sidekick a.k.a the dumb smartphone, doesn't find it worth building into their phones (and they are purely in the consumer market), why would RIM? their focus is the txt/mobile msngr crowd and RIMS is the business (now with a touch of consumer) crowd. the 8100 end of the day did not grab a large amount of new BB users (you can dig up old articles to comfirm), but current BB users who upgraded.

End of the day 10-15 second clips of low res video aren't going to draw in some huge profit gain from an untapped market and wouldn't really serve a practical purpose for the average BB user and they are all about practicality (sp*?).
    Last edited by blackninja; 06-06-2007 at 05:35 PM.

whyte_bwoy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FBD4E3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well the pearl attracted me to BB mainly because of the size and capabilities.

BoneTrayz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204c681a

Sorry should've dug around the forum more, As I see this is yet another re-post! Thanks for your input though guys really appreciate it

amosrock no está en línea Stack level 2

I think you misunderstood what I mean by "acknowledge a cam".. acknowledge in terms of 'acceptance'. The pearl came out late last year and camera phones have been in the market since.. hmm when did the LG VX6000 phone come out on verizon? atleast 6 years.. and back then the camera was 1.3mp
    the vx6000 came out about 4 years ago and back then it had the highest resolution for a camera phone which was vga...1.3 mp didn't come out for about another year...maybe two