Hello everyone!! I'm glad to say this is my very first BB that I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Boomergtp no está en línea Stack level 1

Video and MP3 email attachments

Advertisement

Hello everyone!! I'm glad to say this is my very first BB that I have ever owned!! And so far in my 3 weeks of playing with it and finding your site has made me wonder why I haven't had one sooner :P I have one question though. I have read and searched many things before I made this post. Is there a way to view a Video or a MP3 attachment? The video attachments I would be pertaining to are 3GP type and sent via a mms type phone to a email address. So far the only work around I have come up with are using the Opera internet program going to the email addresses website and downloading the video and viewing it that way. Is the BB email program only able to view .docx/.doc, .xlsx/.xls, .pptx/.ppt, .pdf, .wpd, .txt, .html, .jpeg, .bmp, .gif, .png, .tiff, and zip? Thanks for all you help on this!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Video and MP3 email attachments

From the 8130 User Guide:
    About attachments
    You can view several file attachment types on your BlackBerry® device, including .zip, .htm, .html, .doc, .dot, .ppt, .pdf, .wpd, .txt, .vcf, and .xls files. You can also view .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, .tif, and .wmf files, and play .wav files.
    Also, from 8100 user's guide, but should hold true for all v4.2 and later OS models
    Play a video
    Play video files, such as .avi, .mov, .mp4, or .3gp files, from the BlackBerry® device memory or a media card.

Play music
    Play audio files, such as .aac, .amr, .m4a, .midi, .mp3, or .wav files, from the BlackBerry® device memory or a media card. You can use other applications on your device when playing music.
    Note that there is no Digital Rights Management available on the BlackBerry, so protected media can not be played. Also, the BlackBerry seems to be very picky about the format of the file, and it seems that if the format varies from the standard it may not play.

If a file format is listed as being viewable as an attachment, but not as a media format, it can't be viewed with Media Player's "Explore" function (in 4.2 anyway).

If a file format is listed as being playable, but can not be viewed as an attachment, save it to the appropriate directory on your SD card and "view" it with Media Player.
    Last edited by jdellasala; 01-04-2008 at 06:01 AM.
    JerryD

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Thank you for your response. So I should be able to play the 3gp video. So why don't I get a option to save the attachment? For example I made I short video with this BB pearl and emailed it to myself why would I not be able to view the video in the email? I can see the attachment and the size of it but am not given no option to save or open. I am running the 4.3 version OS on the Alltel network. Thanks again for the help on this.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Boomergtp View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Thank you for your response. So I should be able to play the 3gp video. So why don't I get a option to save the attachment? For example I made I short video with this BB pearl and emailed it to myself why would I not be able to view the video in the email? I can see the attachment and the size of it but am not given no option to save or open. I am running the 4.3 version OS on the Alltel network. Thanks again for the help on this.
    That's hard to say, but most likely it's too large. I believe there's a 1Mb attachment max for a video. Your email provider may also have an attachment size limit.

Email is the wrong way to transfer large files. Use Mass Storage Mode.
    JerryD

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah I made sure of the file size not being to big. The one I tried was about 150kbs. Thanks for help.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but will the 4.2 OS allow video attachments to be viewed in a incoming email to the blackberry? Could anyone please confirm this.

caffn8d no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same problem when trying to view video that i receive as an email attachment. Did anyone ever find a resolution to this?

spleen no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi

sorry to say you that but now it's not possible to have Video or Mp3 for attachment in BES (Professional Blackberry) or BIS we can't attache or receive tis kind of files so we have just a notification that the mail contain a attachment.

the reason is so simple, the blackberry technology transforms all attachment in a blackberry readable format for the moment mp3 and Video files are not in the list

spark916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    okey since this is about video.. does 8100 play 3g?