I'm getting more and more fed up with the lack of seemingly basic features that ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

maxf no está en línea Stack level 1

Vibrate + ringtone at the same time?

Advertisement

I'm getting more and more fed up with the lack of seemingly basic features that were available on my Sanyo SCP-7050, and practically every other phone I've had.

Is there really no way to make the Pearl vibrate AND play a ringtone while receiving a phone call? It appears as though this isn't possible.

On a similar note, is it possible to assign different ringtones to different people? Or am I really stuck with one ringtone for all 250 of my contacts?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Vibrate + ringtone at the same time?

1. No way to make it vib and ring at the same time.

2. Open a contact, edit that contact, then menu button again, select add custom phone tune. At least that's how it works on my Curve.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

browse to the contact, press the menu button, go down to "add custom tune". you'll be able to set a tune for that contact.

As for the vibration before tune. Its been annoying me a little to.. but when I come to think of it.. its better.. that way people who calls don't believe I'm friendless and answer the phone within the second.. makes me feel important.. he he..

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post
    browse to the contact, press the menu button, go down to "add custom tune". you'll be able to set a tune for that contact.

As for the vibration before tune. Its been annoying me a little to.. but when I come to think of it.. its better.. that way people who calls don't believe I'm friendless and answer the phone within the second.. makes me feel important.. he he..
    Hmm the "add custom tune" isn't an option for me. Perhaps this was removed for the 8130?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

On the 8130 you don't open the contact to edit. Just highlight the contact in the address book and choose menu, then scroll down to "Add Custom Ring Tone". Also, no, you cannot vibrate and ringtone at the same time either, it wll vibrate the number of set times and then ring the number of set times.

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    On the 8130 you don't open the contact to edit. Just highlight the contact in the address book and choose menu, then scroll down to "Add Custom Ring Tone". Also, no, you cannot vibrate and ringtone at the same time either, it wll vibrate the number of set times and then ring the number of set times.
    Ah thanks a million you've been very helpful