I have got my Blackberry Pearl for a month now and I think it is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jonuga no está en línea Stack level 1

vibrate and ring at the same time?

Advertisement

I have got my Blackberry Pearl for a month now and I think it is great as an e-mail machine but not such a good phone. The two main problems I find are the following:
    1. I cannot make it vibrate and ring at the same time. Either it starts by vibrating and then rings, rings or vibrates but never both at the same time. I think that is just unbelievable. Has somebody been able to fix that?
    2. I find ringtones are SOOO low I cannot even hear them. I always have my Blackberry in my pockets and my problem is that I don't hear it most of the time so I have to end up calling back all the time.
    I have also said a friend to call me in front of me and his phone had given two signals before my Blackberry started ringing. Obviously, people end up hanging up after 4 or 5 tones and I had just heard 2 tones.

Could somebody help me out with these problems or is it a matter of getting used to it??

Thanks in advance

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: vibrate and ring at the same time?

Welcome to Pinstack!

1. Who is your carrier?
    2. What OS are you running?

The vibrate and ring at the same time I do not think is possible. If you are on an old OS upgrading it might fix the hesitation in the ringing.

I am on Vodafone. As to the OS, I have no idea. Do they have a new one already after a couple of months??

What were they thinking about? It's been years since I last saw a phone that cannot vibrate and ring at the same time!!!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

the latest os that i know of is .69, to find your OS go to options> about

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

yea I miss the ringing and vibrate and the same time. my old old phone use to do it. It was a Sony Ericsson T610, ever since then all my other phones do it alternating. UGH. there's no work around.

As for the sound yea i miss calls all the time unless i have it out of my pockets. My volume on all my ringtones are on high also. I've gotten use to it.

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

For the volume you can drill holes right in the backing of the phone(the cover) right where the speakers are. Has worked for other poeple, I am young so I never miss it ring, because I have good ears lol. This phone is very loud compared to the other phones I have had, so for me I have no problem with sound. Also, the peole who have drilled holes have said the sound improves by a large amount.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Jonuga.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Black_Pearl no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    For the volume you can drill holes right in the backing of the phone(the cover) right where the speakers are. Has worked for other poeple, I am young so I never miss it ring, because I have good ears lol. This phone is very loud compared to the other phones I have had, so for me I have no problem with sound. Also, the peole who have drilled holes have said the sound improves by a large amount.
    Drilling holes on a new phone? I don't think I'll do that!

SWT6 no está en línea Stack level 1

I agree, drilling holes seems a little extreme. What about just setting the phone to vibe while it's in a pocket?

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I never said it was a good idea lol, all I said was people have done it, and it works. If you just want it to vibrate and no ring go to profiles/vibrate and it should work. I agree I wouldn't drill holes into my phone either.

If things might get better downloading the latest OS (I have OS 4.2.0.51), where do I download the latest one? I have been to Rim's website and haven't been able to find it? How do I install it?

THanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jonuga

It will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device, Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    jonuga

It will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device, Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.
    Sorry! Those are the problems of being new!! I have updated my profile so it should be okay now.

Thanks for your help!