I just got my 8130 from Verizon today and so far I'm not too psyched ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jniowa no está en línea Stack level 2

verizon browser

Advertisement

I just got my 8130 from Verizon today and so far I'm not too psyched about it. Is it possible to set my browser to open to my bookmarks not the preset verizon page? I've tried to delete that stupid page and it won't let me. I hate it! Please help.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: verizon browser

Okay...it should be the same, I have an 8100 AT&T

In your Browser, go to Options>Browser Configuration> Scroll down and you'll see Start Page

Disregard my first post....

The easiest way is to go the webiste you want as your home page, then go Options>Browser Configuration> Scroll down and select "Use Current"
    Last edited by beeshabo; 01-28-2008 at 07:54 PM.

thank you so much, i don't know why i didn't see that. sorry for the silly question.

Not a silly question at all.....and you're welcome, anytime!!!

ain't stacks great.....

yeah its a huge help

James80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31955D4A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Its not a silly question because perhaps someone didn't know that either. Now they do since you asked it for them. Everyone helping each other out, that's what I love about this site!

doughboy4life no está en línea Stack level 4

Thank's for the info.

Mhewski no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317BD6E7

Smile Re: verizon browser

Quote Originally Posted by jniowa View Post
    I just got my 8130 from Verizon today and so far I'm not too psyched about it. Is it possible to set my browser to open to my bookmarks not the preset verizon page? I've tried to delete that stupid page and it won't let me. I hate it! Please help.
    Hey I joined just to answer your question lol. I too use the 8130 w/ Verizonwireless and even though I’m intimately involved with said carrier I don’t like the standard browser at all!

For a much better web experience: open web browser, press menu button, click “go to…”, type in “Operamini.com”, click down your scroll wheel , scroll down page and click “download high memory version”, check “set permissions”, change first option to “allow”.

Now exit web and go back to your main BB page, you will see a big “O” icon. Click on that and whenever it asks you if you allow web connection just select yes.

Now you will see a really cool looking start page with some preset links. Before you go anywhere lets make it the best for the 8130!

Now from that cool little start page press your BB menu key and click on “settings”. Go ahead and change the image quality to high and check full screen mode the rest is fine, press your BB menu key and click on “save”.

Now you have a MUCH easier and more fun browser! Use the 4, 2, 6, and 8 keys to scroll faster left, up, right, and down.

Use your 5 key to zoom in and out of whatever you’d like to view!

Enjoy!

Ps. this is still in BETA (version 4 is best by far) if it ever fails to connect to web remember this, “when in doubt pull the battery out” [FONT=Wingdings]J[/FONT]
    I’m full of cool tricks on BB just hit me up!

[FONT=&quot]Quote:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on or blame. The gift is yours! It is an amazing journey and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins! [/FONT]

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

welcome mhewski
    ~Lauren

Mhewski no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317BD6E7

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    welcome mhewski
    Well hey there! lol

Mhewski, I've been searching for a way to customize the bookmarks page. I would like to delete some and add some new bookmarks. Also, how can I change the address bar to show a different search engine?