Click above graphic for more details or Pre-Order Now ($199 with with a 2-year service ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Verizon BlackBery 8130 Pearl 11/08/07!

Advertisement

Click above graphic for more details or Pre-Order Now
    ($199 with with a 2-year service plan after a $100 online discount.)

Update (12:10pm): RIM's Press release:
    Verizon Wireless Launches the First CDMA-Enabled BlackBerry Pearl
    Verizon Wireless, the leading wireless company with the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, and Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, today announced the Nov. 3 online availability of the BlackBerry(R) Pearl(TM) 8130 at www.verizonwireless.com. The BlackBerry(R) Pearl(TM) 8130 will be in Verizon Wireless Communications stores on Nov. 8. For the customer who wants to balance work and play, the world's first CDMA-enabled BlackBerry Pearl gives Verizon Wireless customers wireless broadband connectivity to the office while enabling them to stay connected with family, friends and colleagues.

The new smartphone builds upon the highly acclaimed and iconic BlackBerry Pearl design with new features and functionality to provide customers with powerful communications, rich multimedia and support for high-speed EV-DO networks in a style that goes from day to evening in one slim and small package.

Available to Verizon Wireless customers in an exclusive silver color and backed by the power of the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 offers powerful communications with premium phone features, e-mail and messaging and more. With its built-in navigation capability, the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 can take customers wherever they want to go with mapping, audible turn-by-turn navigation and access to information on more than 14 million points of interest. In addition, the BlackBerry Pearl offers the following capabilities and features:

- Wireless broadband (EV-DO) connectivity for high-speed data transfers, perfect for fast Web-browsing and downloading large attachments

- A sleek, compact design in an exclusive silver color finish; measures 4.2" x 2.0" x .55" and weighs only 3.4 oz

- Open and view e-mail attachments with support for the most popular formats

- Premium phone features including Voice Activated Dialing, speakerphone and noise and echo cancellation technology for clearer calls

- 2.0 megapixel camera, with flash and 5x zoom, able to record video

- Video and picture messaging capable

- Built-in navigation to support the location-based application, VZ Navigator, developed by Networks in Motion, with map data provided by Navteq

- Advanced media player and enhanced desktop media manager software allowing a customer to easily manage music and pictures between their PC and the BlackBerry Pearl 8130

- 3.5 mm stereo headphone included in the box

- Externally accessible microSD(TM)/SDHC memory card slot for additional storage (up to 8 GB)

- An enhanced user interface with new font-rendering technology that makes text easier to read and Web pages visually richer

- Enhanced Web browser delivering a fast, rich browser experience and support for streaming video from sites like m.youtube.com (3GPP RTSP streaming protocol over EV-DO)

- SureType(R) keyboard technology that makes typing and dialing fast and easy and includes a new word completion capability, easier editing of misspelled words and built-in spell checker

- Bluetooth(R) 2.0 in support of hands-free headsets, stereo headsets (Bluetooth stereo audio profile A2DP/AVRCP), car kits and other Bluetooth accessories

- A removable and rechargeable battery, rated for up to 220 minutes of talk time and up to 216 hours of standby time

The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 will be available online and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, including those in Circuit City for $249.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. With the launch of the BlackBerry Pearl, Verizon Wireless is also introducing new Nationwide E-mail and Web for BlackBerry customers providing them with unlimited data for an additional $29.99 per month on top of a voice plan. Customers who choose a data only plan pay $34.99 per month. Both plans provide access up to 10 POP3 and IMAP e-mail accounts via BlackBerry(R) Internet Service.

For more information on BlackBerry smartphones and to pre-order the BlackBerry Pearl 8130, visit www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers should contact a Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative directly at 1-800-VZW-4-BIZ.

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Re: Verizon BlackBery 8130 Pearl 11/08/07!

So close! But so far away ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Smile Re: Verizon BlackBery 8130 Pearl 11/08/07!

wow .. not sure if my salivary glands will be able to hold out. heheheheh

themasterusmc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24678aad

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dang it just got the e mail n was going 2 b the 1st 1 post it lol dang yall 2 fast here I like. Now if u can get at&t 2 put something out on whin they will get it

sna77 no está en línea Stack level 2

no GSM / CDMA like the 8830?

I guess anyone that wants to leave the US needs to stick with the 8830... Booo

themasterusmc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24678aad

think the price will b about the same 4 at&t

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Love the color.

itguy01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    317A9B46

Dont try and go to Japan with the 8830 IT WILL NOT WORK Verizon Wireless says it does well at least some of them do but we just sent an exec from our company there for two weeks and NO SERVICE not even data. It wont even support any languages other than English, Spanish, and French. We are having to pay over 1000 dollars a year to a 3rd party to be able to read Japanese. Also the GSM they claimed would work in the US for networks that use that NADA. It operates on a totally different frequency so ya. Dont get em wrong the phone is nice but def not a World phone as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    no GSM / CDMA like the 8830?

I guess anyone that wants to leave the US needs to stick with the 8830... Booo

demeseh no está en línea Stack level 1

Anymore reviews on this phone? Does anyone have it? I'm stuck between getting this 8130 through Verizon who has excellent service in my travel area, the Curve through AT&T, whose service is good but loses some calls here and there, or the T-Mobile Curve that offers WI-FI free calling but questionable service. Are there any reasons that I would pick these other two over the 8130 pearl?

w8rz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B06BDB

This is a WONDERFUL resource for reviews but you should also try cnet.com & type "8130 reviews"

oramr85@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had the pearl 8130 for verizon for a week...I've gone from cell phoen to cell phone, had the voyager, had the razor 2, had all sweet motorola phones in the past, and I have to say that it's about darn time i've come to the blackberry. It really is the best devic to tie your life together...why should u choose this phone? It's the curve, in a smaller package. Everythign tha'ts great about the curve is the same for this phone, but its smaller, and you get the better wireless provider. Verizons network can't be touched. Did i mention you can play music while surfing hte web, surfing the net, even while using bloomberg application on this thing. Dang its sick. plays youtube too, how ****ing ill!

emanon gypc no está en línea Stack level 1

I got the pearl the first day it hit may are in the sf bay, the first bb and my first time with verizon, gotta say ilove this thing, CAUTION, it is addictive to play around with, and not to mention very pesonalizable in every way, had it for about a month and still figuring out cool new things to do with it. great for my real estate biz, and keeps me up on the social scene too. PS GPS... this thing is faster than my laptop, most of the time. I deliberated over a new phone for months, this one came along just in time and swept me off my fingers...